Migration Evilness and failure

6 replies to this topic

#1 shanethewav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hello everyone,

I am currently running a multi server enviroment on version 5.3.0.6. on a windows server 2012 with IIS I am migrating from this to a different server, same setup though.

The new version of Livezilla doesn't support multi server functionality so we have to I guess seperate it out. See below.
Posted Image

At the moment I am unable to upgrade on the live server... well because it's live. I found a link on how to migrate to a new server, copied the files, edited the DB and user and pass data in the config files (there is a default.config.inc.php, config.inc.php, and one for each server that's in there. even though the page says it's "config.php") but after all that I get a server 500 error. Tried correcting it but nothing I do can resolve the problem. I can create a new server and have it do the whole copy files thing, and than for some reason I don't get the error 500, but when I try to link to a new DB I created for the new install I get a beautiful missing extension, which is not missing. see below:

Posted Image

so I manually created the tables using the SQL query it gives me, but again it won't let me save unless I validate which gives me the above error. If I try to quit it says that all evilness will break loose and the world will end.. or well something to that effect.

I need the info in the DB so I figured I would try and install the new version of livezilla and just manually import the data from a sql dump from the old DB into the new one, and again no luck because the tables are different (not surprised).

So my question after this long winded post is, what the heck am I supposed to do? I need to move the chat to a new machine, but it seems that either I am missing something that is not in the documents given, or there is no way to do this easily.

Please...please.... help.

PS: I checked the _log folder and no logs in there, checked my IIS logs and with the 500 error it was ramdom between 500.0.0.19 and 500.0.0.42.... which makes no sense. PHP is installed and working as I have other sites on there with no problems, php info on the domain works great, even added 32 bit applications to the app pool, verified all settings in the config files are correct.... I am just lost.

Edited by shanethewav, 27 April 2016 - 07:12 AM.

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3842 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

Hi,

Regarding the 500 internal server error there's no general solution we could give you. Please note that this is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server, not revealing any details about the actual problem behind. It just says that something has gone wrong. This can be a problem with the webserver itself, the file permission, php, mysql ... everything.

I get a beautiful missing extension, which is not missing
It's not? LiveZilla checks for the related php mysql function and they are not available when you see this message.

Do you migrate to a PHP7 server? PHP7 only supports mysqli (note the i) and support for the classic mysql interface has been removed.

If you have configured mysql (without i) extension in LiveZilla, please correct the MySQL configuration manually as described here:

The MySQL authentication has changed. How can I update the LiveZilla MySQL settings?:
http://www.livezilla...l-login-changed

You will need to change gl_db_ext to "bXlzcWxp" (base 64 encoded mysqli).

Despite that, please configure proper error logging to get some more details about the 500 errors.

#3 shanethewav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:14 AM

good day good sir,

ok so after your post, I downgraded my PHP7 installation to 5.3.06, which did allow me to complete the "new server" install using the handy wizard. I also was able to manually import my data from our old server to the new DB, and then upgraded to the new version of livezilla. After switching back to PHP 7... it seems fine now. Successful Upgrade.

The interesting thing is I have another 5 of these server to do, each on separate machines.

Thank you for your reply

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3842 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

You actually don't have to downgrade your PHP version as long as you ensure that LiveZilla uses MySQLi.

#5 ChiptunerDnepr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Dnepr

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

Transfer the domain - chiptuner.dp.ua
on subdomain chat.chiptuner.dp.ua
Everything is working! there is a problem with the image.
Screen below.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 2016-07-12_18-38-20.jpg

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3842 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

You will need to correct the image URL in the Server Configuration ( -> Images).

Also check Server Configuration -> Server -> Host.

Cheers.

#7 ChiptunerDnepr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Dnepr

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

Thank you!
Working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users