Visitor name not passing thru or not validating 6.1.0.2

23 replies to this topic

#1 robgnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

Ongoing issues with visitors name not showing on new chats.

See attachment, fields are required, but still showing as Guest XXXX

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: livezilla12016-guest-xxxx.jpg
  • Attached Image: livezilla12016-inputfields.jpg

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hi,

Tried to reproduce that based on the information provided but everything works fine in my tests.

#3 Dane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

Same problem. I think that this depends on new or older visitor. If visitor has been registered in chats (earlier), he's name changes to GuestXXXX.

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

Hi,

What chat integration do you use?

On-SIte Widget or External Chat Window?

Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this?

Thanks.

#5 aloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

This issue is occurring for us as well. Looking back in the chat archive I can see this is happening randomly for new chats and old. It's a bit embarrassing when a customer enters their name and email, then we have to ask for it again only to be told "but I've already entered that information". Any idea's how we can progress this issue? I can create an account for LiveZilla support to have a look?

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

What chat integration do you use?

On-SIte Widget or External Chat Window?

Can you provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this?

#7 aloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:36 AM

We use the On-SIte Widget, and I can't reliably reproduce the issue. It seems to just randomly happen. I know it's difficult for you support guys to try and solve a problem without being able to replicate the issue (I've been in support for nearly 20 years), but any help would be appreciated. I think I may try a full re-install of livezilla and see if it sorts this and another issue.

#8 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:28 PM

We have invested soo many hours hunting this issue but it never ever occurs on our side.

I can only recommend you to find a pattern behind this and to isolate it further.

What distinguishes users with name from guests with no name?
Can this be related to a certain browser?
Is it a problem with the validation OR with the input requirement OR with the pass-thru OR a problem in the combination of all three configurations?

And the most important question:

How do you exclude a problem with the data source?

If no or invalid data is passed from your website, the pass-thru can't work.

#9 aloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

OK, replies to your questions in red:
What distinguishes users with name from guests with no name? I can't see a pattern, but then I'm not digging into the database for data.
Can this be related to a certain browser? I don't know, I can't see what browser the user was using from the chat archive.
Is it a problem with the validation OR with the input requirement OR with the pass-thru OR a problem in the combination of all three configurations? Are they rhetorical questions? I don't think I can or should be answering them.
How do you exclude a problem with the data source? I can't, but it was all created automatically during the installation process. How would a problem with the data source have occurred.
If no or invalid data is passed from your website, the pass-thru can't work. Surely that would indicate an issue with the software?

If you are unable to replicate the issue, I would suggest you perhaps look at it from our side? I can give you all the access to the DB and Livezilla installation that you require. Please email direct with what you require if this is a possibility.

#10 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

How do you exclude a problem with the data source?
The data source is your website.

You want to pass data from your website to the chat. If that fails, it's not unlikely to be related to a problem with the data source.

Are they rhetorical questions?
No, not at all. These questions should help you to isolate the problem on your side.

I don't know, I can't see what browser the user was using from the chat archive.
Does that mean that during the actual chat, the real name was there?

#11 aloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

I have to say I'm very disappointed by your aggressive "support". I didn't know when I purchased the software that I would have to have in-depth knowledge of the configuration and interactions between the different parts of the software. I didn't know that I would have to spend a lot of my time identifying issues with your software. I certainly didn't know that it would be close to impossible to get someone to have a look at an issue. Given that with the last two issues your companies response has been "Well we can't replicate the issues so no issue exists", I'm not sure I can recommend that we continue using LiveZilla as our web chat solution. If you would like to attempt to take a look at our issue, then please PM me so I can provide you with any access you need.

#12 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

Well, LiveZilla is not winzip (although both products are sold for the same price).

Features like this a seriously complicated, involving several configurations and conditions, several 3rd party products and your website.

We invested several hours into this without success. We will invest more time as soon as we get a more precise error description.

#13 aloco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:10 AM

I assume by your response that you're not interested in looking at our issue further from our side?

#14 sense1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:38 AM

View Postaloco, on 11 March 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

I assume by your response that you're not interested in looking at our issue further from our side?

It appears that LiveZilla "support" have deleted my thread about this same problem!

http://forums.livezi...__guest__st__20

I'm wondering why they did that.

What I said in my latest post in that thread was:

When this number of separate customers are experiencing the same problem, it surely means that the source of the issue is in the software itself, not the installation or set-up?

@Patrick & Derek: we really need LiveZilla support to investigate this problem again and try to solve it for us and other LiveZilla customers who are experiencing the same issue.
We can provide log-in details for our LiveZilla server if you need it.

We have also invested many, many hours trying to investigate and solve this problem. It's frustrating that LiveZilla support have not contacted us and offered to check our LiveZilla server to see if they can identify the problem that way. After all, they know far more about their software than we do.

#15 CRAV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:54 PM

We tried a full un-install last night and wiped everything, re-installed and went from 0.2 to the latest 0.3 and the names still are not passing through.

#16 CRAV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Do you have any suggestions for us? We can't replicate it for you.

#17 ruicoelho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hi, we're experiencing the same problem with version 6.1.0.3 and it's affecting more than half of our chats.

Is there anything I can do to try to find the issue?

#18 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:10 PM

Is there anything I can do to try to find the issue?
There's nothing you can do atm.

We finally found a way to replicate it and I am confident that there will be a solution in the next days.

#19 ruicoelho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostPatrick Keil, on 21 April 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

There's nothing you can do atm.

We finally found a way to replicate it and I am confident that there will be a solution in the next days.

Hi Patrick, thanks for the quick response. Can you tell if the problem is in the server-side of Livezilla or is it client-side?

#20 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3883 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

We are not 100% sure yet but it's very likely to be a timing problem in the customer side javascript code.

It's defintely not a problem with the operator client if that's what you like to know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users