overlay dynamic data pass-thru form data chat form

2 replies to this topic

#1 eCommerce Addict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi,

I have just installed and configured LiveZilla for my PrestaShop ecommerce platform.
Everything works but I need some guidance and advices in achieving the following behaviour:

The overlay chat form contains the following fiels: Name, Phone, Email, Question.

1. Is it possible to automatically fill in Name, Phone and Email when the customer is logged in? (and if yes, how to or a solution)
2. Is it possible to have a width of 200px when overlay chat is minimized and 300px when it is opened? (and if yes, how to or a solution)
3. Is it possible to upload files via the overlay chat? (and if yes, how to enable it)
4. Is it possible to request phone calls via the overlay chat? (and if yes, how to enable it)

Thanks!

#2 BurakUeda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

I can help you with the first question.
  • Open Server Admin > Link generator
  • Set up your button graphics, services, position etc. (external or overlay)
  • Open Advanced tab
  • Check I want to pass-thru dynamic data from my website
  • Open Default Pass-Thru Parameters tab
  • Check Name, Email and Phone
You will see placeholder names for those fields:
<!--replace_me_with_b64url_name-->

<!--replace_me_with_b64url_email-->

<!--replace_me_with_b64url_phone-->

Generate your code and put it into the PHP code below (Replace it with the REPLACE_THIS_WITH_YOUR_LZ_SCRIPT text)

You will need some PHP to make this work.
I will use $name, $email, $phone in this example, so you have to change them with your own variables.

<?php
$lz_name = str_replace(array('=','+','/'),array('_','-',','),base64_encode(utf8_encode($name)));
$lz_email = str_replace(array('=','+','/'),array('_','-',','),base64_encode(utf8_encode($email)));
$lz_phone = str_replace(array('=','+','/'),array('_','-',','),base64_encode(utf8_encode($phone)));

$lz_script =<<<LZSCRIPT
REPLACE_THIS_WITH_YOUR_LZ_SCRIPT
LZSCRIPT;

$lz_script_fixed = str_replace(
   array("<!--replace_me_with_b64url_name-->", "<!--replace_me_with_b64url_email-->", "<!--replace_me_with_b64url_phone-->"),
   array($lz_name, $lz_email, $lz_phone),
   $lz_script
);

echo $lz_script_fixed;
?>

Replace above code with your LZ script on your site.
Unfortunately I have no knowledge about PrestaShop. It might not allow direct <?php ?> insertions. You might need to pass the code via it's template system.

Done.
Test it and message here if you have any problems.

#3 eCommerce Addict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

Thanks a lot, will test it tonight and let you know how it goes :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users