Message sneak-peek function?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Evaldo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Is there are function that you can see what customer are typing well before they send it over? This way I can easily prepare my answer and send it over as soon as possible.

Thanks

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3792 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi Evaldo,

While we discussed this a few times, this feature has never been added.

You should ask yourself, would you want others to read you inputs before you actually send it by pressing the enter key?

We always came to the conclusion that the speed benefits are lower than expected and it's not worth the cost of annoying your potential customers.

Here in Germany, there's also a legal aspect.

#3 Evaldo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Thank you, for your answer and explanation.

#4 mancercorp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

There are actually many benefits to including this feature. Other chat services we have used provided this, and it gave a good insight as to what a visitor to the site has on their mind as they are typing it… Several times you could see that they would ask a question in a particular way… Then delete it, asking it another way before submitting it... Which was great as you could get a better feel of what their mood/emotion is.

Another good reason for this is that it actually does prepare you... You are able to open pages and look up files etc. in preparation for them.

Would definitely be a big plus to have it

#5 Mark David

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

I agree. I think it would be very beneficial and it is something that many competitors do, in fact, offer.

#6 BurakUeda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Wow!
I can't even believe people still asking for this feature(!).

Trying to spy on your visitor's keystrokes -before he/she willingly send it to you- on a live-chat, is invasion of privacy.

Period!

#7 isfnj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

In my country is not so, this is not illegal, even this procedure helps to notice a fraud, where the client being serviced creates extra work and mocks the chat operator so that without being able to spy on what the customer types he will never know it was a false customer pestering attendants. Also you can force the system to inform the client that it is being viewed in real time, but only when the administrator of this system has enabled this function.

Thanks for listening

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users