an appropriate representation of the requested resource....

mod_security error

9 replies to this topic

#1 mismas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hi,I just updated today from V3 to latest 5.1.1.0 and everything is working fine on PC. I wanted to try the app on the iphone but I get the following error: "An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security" My hosting is a simple shared server at hostmonster. any idea what can be the problem/solution?

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3832 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

Since there's no standard for webservers, we are not able to name the reason for this without having deeper insights into your server (mod_security) configuration.

Feel free to provide us with access to your installation and we will analyze the problem and get it fixed ASAP.

What we need is:
1.) FTP access (to the folder where LiveZilla is/should be installed)
2.) A LiveZilla Administrator login

Thanks.

#3 mismas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

ok...where can I send this? I can not PM you for some reason.

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3832 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

Feel free to send it to support@livezilla.net along with a reference to this thread.

Thanks.

#5 mismas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

Sent. thanks in advance.

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3832 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Thank you.

We checked this and it turned out that mod_security is filtering for the value "http://". All requests that contain this value (even if it's base64 encoded) will be blocked.

We will apply the required changes in our next update 5.1.2.0 (should be available in the next 3 weeks).

Thanks again for your support and patience.

#7 mismas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

i updated to 5.1.2.0 but the problem is the same......

#8 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

The problem is, you need to update the app as well, since this problem affects the interface between the app and the server.

We have updated the app and are waiting for Apple to release it to the app store. This can take another few days.

Normally your iPhone device should notify you, when the update is available.

Thank you for your patience.

#9 mismas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

App updated...working now thanks...however the app has to be open for it to receive calls and "ring"?...it would be lot better if it ran in the background as well (like viber does for instance). Also enabling vibration would be a great feature as you only get notification when sound is enabled.

#10 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

It is a feature of iOS, that Apps don't run in the background as a means to extent the battery life time.
There are only a few ways of keeping the app running in the background, which we can't use because of Apple's policies.

We are using push messages as a workarround. So if you enable sending push messages in your server configuration and if you enable receiving push messages in your iOS device, you still receive notifications.

Enabling vibration is a good idea. We will see if we can add it with a separate configuration setting in the app to enable/disable it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users