Visitor Sound Notification

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nickolas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

Can you please add sound notifications for visitor for both the web client and Android app?

#2 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

On what kind of events would you want sound notifications?

We have a ringing sound, when a new chat is coming in (before somebody accepts it) and a message sound on all incoming messages.

Both do work on desktop browsers and in the Android app.
They don't work in Mobile Safari, because Apple disabled that in the browser.

#3 dmb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hi,
I would like to point out that the visistor sound notification when headphones are plugged in, it is sent only in the headphones.
I think it should always be sent also to the speaker as occurs with the ringing of incoming calls, the notification sound of sms and e-mails.
It's possible?

I hope that you will consider this because, if you are laying the phone doesn't usually take off and put the headphones every time, and at the moment you may lose important chat request (eg e-commerce).

Thanks for your attention.
Andrea

#4 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm not sure, I understand you correctly.
The usual behaviour of all devices I know is, that if headphones are plugged in, all sounds are played over the headphones and the speaker is completely disabled.

Is this different with your device? What device are you using?

Oliver

#5 dmb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for your answer Oliver ,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5830 . Now with Android 4.2.1 but it was the same with the version 2.x :
in my device what you say is true but only for media sounds , with headphones plugged the ringtone of incoming calls and message notification is sent also to the speaker.

Sorry, I have always considered this normal behavior but I have documented better and - in fact - this doesn't happen on all devices.
On other devices when the headphones are plugged the speaker is completely disabled , like you said.

Anyway, for those who use the headphones continuously - I think that the opportunity to hear the ringtone and notifications also from the speaker is very convenient because otherwise you should detach and reattach the jack all the time, when you leave your phone temporarily.
Do you believe that you can implement the optional ability to always send the ringtone to the speaker ? What do you think? Is there another way?

Many thanks,
Andrea

#6 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

It would be best, if you would add this to http://livezillamobi...a.informer.com/.
We are constantly working on the apps and need to prioritize the features we are asked for.

Please do understand, that we cannot implement every single wish and that it might need some time for us to get to your wish.

Oliver

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users