Cannot connect to database

database login error

3 replies to this topic

#1 TheColonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I installed chat on my website (floating button) and it's been working very well for the last 2 days but today I was automatically logged out of Livezilla Client and now when I try to connect I get one of two error messages:

Login failed. Cannot connect to database. Please check your database settings.

or

Error 500 internal server (not sure of the exact message, I'm just getting the first error now)

I haven't changed anything at all!

I cannot connect to Livezilla Server Admin either.

#2 TheColonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Nevermind, I have just connected! I didn't change anything at all, must have been a temporary problem.

#3 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3853 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hi Colonel,

I haven't changed anything at all!
I'm afraid that you will need to discuss this with your webhosting company. Some hosting companies do not allow any kind of chat services or they ban frequent connections for security reasons (frequent connections may indicate malware) automatically.

If it's not an issues with your server, please let me know.

Thanks.

#4 TheColonel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostPatrick Keil, on 19 August 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Hi Colonel,

I'm afraid that you will need to discuss this with your webhosting company. Some hosting companies do not allow any kind of chat services or they ban frequent connections for security reasons (frequent connections may indicate malware) automatically.

If it's not an issues with your server, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Patrick, Thanks for the quick reply! Everything seems to be fine now. If it happens again I'll consult my hosting guys. Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users