Operators

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_leonelb_*

• Guests

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Let's say there are 2 users logged in at the same time and they belong to the same group. If a client requests a chat, which user receives the call? I thought that both users would received the call, but it's not working that way. Is there any way to setup an user1 and an user2, for example, and set priorities for answering calls?

PS: English is not my native language, you may notice. Sorry if I made a mistake

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:28 AM

I thought that both users would received the call, but it's not working that way.

All chats are allocated equally.

You should consider that this behaviour can be influenced by the script you use. You can set that every call coming over a certain script is going to a certain operator / group. Some people forgot that they set this option and wonder why only one operator / group receive calls. You can also use this feature to simulate a priority mode. You can create a chat button (e.g.) that points to your primary operator. This operator will now receive every call. If he sets his status to "Away" or "Busy" the secondary operator will get the calls.

Another thing to keep in mind is that each user will remember the operator he was talking to. If website visitor abc was allocated to operator xyc once, he will always be allocated to xyc when this operator is available.

That can be confusing and you can easily cheat yourself but its the best practise in my eyes.

Hope this helps.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users