API Documentation

10 replies to this topic

#1 echoDreamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

Is there any documentation for the LZ API? We would like to start looking into integrating the LZ API into our billing system for paid chats.

Thanks!

#2 echoDreamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I found the info in the "docs" folder, however I see it is using local files to handle API communications - Our billing system and LiveZilla installation are on 2 different servers. How is it possible to use this over HTTP?

#3 jomagalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

My scenario is identical to the previous user. Please can post some information about it?

thanks

#4 jomagalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

It seems that this forum is neglected since from September 14 published this issue, there is no response from those responsible.

#5 echoDreamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

I simply reviewed the code on how things were inserted into the database, I dont see how they can call it an "API" since it cannot be access anywhere but locally with the installation...

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3792 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Well, it's a PHP based basic API so remote access is not possible for technical reasons. We didn't invent this restriction.

I can understand that your personal requirments are advanced but that's not available out of the box. With a little creativity it's possible to add a wrapper for remote access yourself.

#7 echoDreamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

Patrick that is a lie :). There are HUNDREDS of remote based APIs written in PHP. Our billing system is written in PHP and has a API that can be called remotely, our community forums also have an Smart Phone app that works remotely (forums are vBulletin - PHP), our ticketing system is PHP based and has a API that is available remotely to allow agents to answer tickets using the Windows app and not the web interface. I have written dozens of PHP apps that have APIs within them that worked in tandem with an external system such as another PHP application, a Windows desktop application, a .Net web application etc.

There is no limitation within PHP to prevent you from making LZ with a true API with remote capabilities.

The LZ API is limited by the developers, not PHP itself. So yes, with all due respect, you did invent the restriction.

#8 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

You simply don't understand his point.

Sure, this can be realized like almost everything can be realized if you put enough effort in it. But that would be a slightly more complex rest API that makes use of different technologies. Not a PHP only API.

Since approx. only 2% of our users would need something like this, the development is hard to legitimate.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#9 jomagalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

I think it is more than 2% that we need something like this

#10 echoDreamz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Agreed. It is more than just 2%, it is more like LZ does not want to put forth the effort, and if they do, we will have to pay for it.

I've built plenty of PHP based APIs that do not use REST and they are used by other languages including C#, VB.Net, Classic ASP and PHP.

#11 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

it is more like LZ does not want to put forth the effort,
We try to add all features that are requested regularly.

I am with this company since the first public release and I cannot remember that this feature has ever been requested before while there are other features that are being requested 5-10 times a day. It's important to you and it's nice to have, no doubt. But that's not reason enough to add it right away.

Feel free to add it here, if there's a demand, we will notice and act accordingly.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users