multi website application

9 replies to this topic

#1 amoii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

i have 4 websites,and can i chat as an operator with visitors from the 4 websites at the same time?i mean on the same livezilla client.is it possible on the lastest livezilla?

many thanks! :lol:

p.s. i don't know exactly what the following means.

How can I connect to multiple LiveZilla Servers at the same time?
2008-10-27
You can only be connected to one LiveZilla Server at the same time. We recommend to concentrate your existing LiveZilla servers to one single LiveZilla server which is used for multiple websites. You can differ between the websites by using different scripts for each website you connect to the LiveZilla server.

#2 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

it is saying you cant use multiple servers at once and login to multiple servers but you can use it on multiple websites...easiest thing to do is make separate online/offline buttons for each site going to the same livezilla.php file unless you wanted to have custom templates for each site to change the way the livezilla external client looks but I am not sure if livezilla supports that although it could with a lot of modifications to template structure and php programming.

#3 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:08 PM

I've been trying to figure out how to have my same client work for two unrelated websites that would display different chat interfaces ( on the front/user end only), but have not figured out how to make this work yet.

As it is you have to have two different installations and two different operator clients. If anyone has figured this out please let me know!

#4 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

the only way I see this could be done at this point is to restructure the template system and create some URL Parameters that can decide which template to show...I could build that but that is too much work for one person to do for free so I guess we will just have to wait until the dev team can get to it.

#5 amoii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

many thanks for your reply.and it seems that i have to choose some other live chat systems at this moment.
yes,i have been waiting for this new feature released for several months.hopefully the dev team releases it soon,as it really helpful.

#6 cfardon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

Have you tried to use "instances"? You can set up to different servers on 2 different sites for instance. Then when you add the server to your computer it will tell you already have "instance 1" and to name it another number. You choose instance 2. Once you have done this, start another Livezilla Client and loginto instance 2.

Unfortunately you have 2 clients open, but you can still do it.
Chris Fardon
Support Manager
http://www.fardonwebhosting.com

#7 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

I havent tested it personally yet but they have already released the next version in Beta...that should support this time of thing..I know I saw someone mention it earlier...sorry tough as I dont remember where...if you want you can just search the forums for it.

#8 amoii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

thank you for all above suggestions.
if i have to run 3 operator clients,that's too much.and not very easy to switch.
hope the next release we will have this feature.

#9 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

reid said:

Hello Berrio028,

I do not know if this was a joke, because i did not find it funny, but I`m sure I speak on behalf of Derek saying that this Post does not belong in this Topic, and it does not belong in this forum, for all we know there could be inappropriate content on the link provided. Please refrain from making these types of posts in the Livezilla Forums.

Thanks
reid, there is never a need to address any kind of post like that...that is always 100% spam. In the future, simply use the report button and report the violation so a moderator can remove it.

#10 reid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

Visuex said:

reid said:

Hello Berrio028,

I do not know if this was a joke, because i did not find it funny, but I`m sure I speak on behalf of Derek saying that this Post does not belong in this Topic, and it does not belong in this forum, for all we know there could be inappropriate content on the link provided. Please refrain from making these types of posts in the Livezilla Forums.

Thanks
reid, there is never a need to address any kind of post like that...that is always 100% spam. In the future, simply use the report button and report the violation so a moderator can remove it.

that is always 100% spam

I don`t understand how you call that Spam :?: Now, i didn`t see that report button, so this is basically my heads up ;) .
Sincerely,
Reid

Not a Staff Member, Just Assist when and where I can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users