Filling Visitor Form with values from my application

17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

How can I have the Offline/Online form fields be pre-filled with values from my own application/database?

Thank you.

#2 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

when you say application/database are you talking about from a website or from a desktop application?

#3 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

From an website. I have already developed a PHP/MySql member-based website and I would like the ability to have the form fields pre-filled with values from my members table when someone is already logged in.

Thanks!

#4 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks.

#5 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

I will look into it later and see if I can give you some options...I won't have time to build anything like that for free if it is complex but if I can find a simple way to do it I'll give it out.

#6 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

Thank you.

#7 tonyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:19 PM

This sounds much like what I've been looking for too. My site uses a system of templates and plugins. If we could pass thru a user's data from some of our plugins it would make LiveZilla much more useful.

The plugins take the form (PLUGIN:USERNAME), (PLUGIN:FIRSTNAME), (PLUGIN:LASTNAME) and suchlike. Would this be possible to do?

Many thanks,

Tony

#8 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:10 PM

after looking it is possible but it would require recoding of the template system and recoding of the php as it currently works with cookies...what you are wanting it to do would require it to work with url parameters.

#9 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

I can save my user data into cookies and pass them to LiveZilla. Would it be a simple way to achieve the form pre-filling with the saved cookies?

Thanks!

#10 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

thewww said:

I can save my user data into cookies and pass them to LiveZilla. Would it be a simple way to achieve the form pre-filling with the saved cookies?

Thanks!
you just need to save the info into the livezilla cookie

#11 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

I saved my values into 'livezilla' array cookie as follows:
'login_name', 'login_email', 'login_company'.

I used the same setCookieValue function you used and I can visualize the cookie values just fine on my pages with the getCookieValue function you used.

However, when opening the Offline Contact Form, the form is still not pre-filled with the cookie values.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gaby

#12 tonyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hi, I've noticed that some other similar programs to Livezilla (but not as good), do allow extra data to be passed thru to the client using a litte extra code in the snippet that is in the header of each page on the site. You also have to tell the client what extra fields to expect.

Is that helpful?

Thanks,

Tony

#13 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

not really...there is a way to do it with URL parameters but it would require a code rewrite and remove the cookie parameters.

#14 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

I've done some more research on this as more have requested...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=699

Visuex said:

vanbroup said:

I would like to provide the name (userid) mail and company parameter in the server.php request like you can provide the code parameter.

When u user is loggedin into our site I know this information already so we could provide this directly to the script.

Example
/server.php?request=track&output=jscript&code=portal&name=Paul&mail=paul@example.com&&nse=.......
unfortunately that is not possible with the current stable version...may be possible with the beta...I will have to check on that. The current version only supports the name through url parameters which would be &extname=

The email and the company fields are only control by a post function which means it has to be sent through the login form. You could however modify the php in order autofill the fields but that would be a lot of work and depend on the membership system you would be using aand it currently uses cookies which would have to be removed first.

#15 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:29 AM

I think we will add extemail and extcompany GET parameters to 3.1.8.1 FINAL. How does that sound? ;)
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#16 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

dpunzova said:

I think we will add extemail and extcompany GET parameters to 3.1.8.1 FINAL. How does that sound? ;)
perfect :)

#17 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:25 PM

It would be great, thanks!

#18 Guest_howzit_*

• Guests

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:07 AM

Have not looked into it, but think it night be even as simple as using sessions?
Will try a bit later and let you guys know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users