Where is the configuration file?

3 replies to this topic

#1 George

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

So I just moved my server from Webmin to cPanel and need the database password for LiveZilla. I was just wondering where do I find the database configuration file with the username, password, database name, etc? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks.

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3792 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

It's on your webserver within the _config folder.

The values are base 64 encoded.

#3 industri_xcart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

I am absolutely lost. My former developer left little information about how she setup LiveZilla but in error used using our ip address and not our URL. My isp just put us on a new server and we were reassigned a new ip address, hence LiveZilla no longer works.

I went into admin to change the name to the URL but apparently cannot complete the change without authentication using my Admin Username & Password. I discovered that neither is retrievable (http://www.livezilla...ssword#password) and must be encoded using md-5 hash but it doesn't specify 128-bit or 64-bit except as noted below. Which is it?

Also, I am confused where I am to change the password. In cpanel, there appear to be multiple occurances of LiveZilla: home>livezilla>internal> and then there is: home>public_html>zillalive>internal> The latter appears to be the one that was most recently used based upon the employee names.

I cannot determine from the internal.inc.php which of the encrypted passwords needs to be changed. Lastly, in conflict with the instructions for changing the passwords, it says nothing about the config folder as noted below in this thread.

I am not sure if we are on a free version or if it was purchased. Every time I go to the chat screen, everyone is offline. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated.

Any suggestions short of taking an ax to my computer?

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Did you consider to start from the scratch with a fresh installation? Could be a time saver.

I am not sure if we are on a free version or if it was purchased.
Surely the free version.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users