3 replies to this topic

#1 bramv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

I would like to integrate this system in a multi-site intranet we have. I've added the tracking code to the application and it works just fine as I can see how many people we have currently online. But I would like to see the name of the user we have currently online, this name is known within the intranet and can be passed on to the tracker. How would I pass on the name of the current user to the tracker so that the backend-client can see it?

Also, on a technical note, how does the service identify users? It's not based on IP, browser or cookie. I'm really interested to know this.

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3774 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:39 PM

var script = document.createElement("script");script.type="text/javascript";var src = "[URL]/server.php?request=track&output=jcrpt[b]&code=THENAMEOFYOURVISITOR[/b]
Just add the GET-Parameter code to your tracking script. The name of your visitor will be shown as AREA code within the application then.

Also, on a technical note, how does the service identify users? It's not based on IP, browser or cookie. I'm really interested to know this.
We use a javascript based session system. Feel free to have a look at the regarding code.

#3 bramv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Thank you, that works like a charm indeed. Are there any other things I can send along with the tracker? Any other fields I can use?

Is there a description of the API somewhere?

I'll look into the "javascript based session system" when I have some spare time. It sounds interesting though. Did you develop this in-house or is it base on an existing system? (which one?)

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3774 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

No, there are no addition fields to use at this time. An API comes with the next version.

I'll look into the "javascript based session system" when I have some spare time. It sounds interesting though. Did you develop this in-house or is it base on an existing system? (which one?)
The system we use is an in-house development. Furtermore it's kind of a hack as we (ab)use the window.name property as data container. After all, it seems to be a great solution for our needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users