[Addon] Automatic Online/Offline based on custom times

6 replies to this topic

#1 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

Exit_LiveZilla by Michael Tunnell of Visuex Technologies.

Click the video below to watch how to use the program to setup Automatic Online/Offline based on custom times using Exit_LiveZilla

3OmbTSBnBRY

Be sure to watch the video in HD :) (fullscreen if you want)

#2 Mellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:33 AM

Micheal you are a champion. Like you said not the cleanest way but this is great till maybe one day it is native. I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I follow all your posts, thanks!

I will install the mod soon and let yoou know how it worked out.

Cheers!

#3 Mellow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:33 AM

We should have the new beta soon!

#4 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:19 AM

I edited the first post with a youtube video explaining what the intention of the program use is with windows task scheduler so if you haven't already set it up feel free to watch the video and try it in HD. :)

Mellow said:

Micheal you are a champion. Like you said not the cleanest way but this is great till maybe one day it is native. I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I follow all your posts, thanks!
:) maybe not champion but thanks...glad i could help.

Mellow said:

I will install the mod soon and let yoou know how it worked out.
cool, I'd appreciate feedback.

Mellow said:

We should have the new beta soon!
yea I have a bitter sweet kind of looking forward to it. I would like for it to have the features I built 3rd party but I also would like it not to so I didn't waste my time. :)
Although it would be nice if they used an addon of mine like the image extender to add to the official code. :)

#5 chrigiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hello,
it works fine. But is it possible to start LiveZilla directly on the taskbar without a window? Is there aso a function like -f to force the message "are you sure to close filezilla?".

I miss a little feature. When i activat automatically startup on logon, i've got a problem. So when i'm bootup my computer on sunday (for maintenance), the user's mean i'm online. So, i've deactivated this function.
But when i make a reboot on a working hour on monday (expl. Windowsupdates), the software will not automatically logon. What i miss is a function, which i can say, instant automatically bootup software from Monday until Friday between 9 AM until 6 PM. Like a tool which check if the software run between 9AM until 6PM between Monday and Friday. So i can reboot the computer how often i would like.

Now, i've added a new weekly task to bootup the software from monday until friday at 900 AM and a shutdown time for 6:00 PM. And i've deactivated automatically logon with windows. In worst case, i'm offline. I just have to notice, that i've got to manually logon, when i reboot the computer between my workingdays ;-)

Now, i've found a little solution ;-) I've activate on the sheduler: "extended Configuration, Repeat every 15 minutes for 9 Hours".

#6 Visuex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:27 AM

chrigiboy said:

Hello,
it works fine. But is it possible to start LiveZilla directly on the taskbar without a window? Is there aso a function like -f to force the message "are you sure to close filezilla?".

I miss a little feature. When i activat automatically startup on logon, i've got a problem. So when i'm bootup my computer on sunday (for maintenance), the user's mean i'm online. So, i've deactivated this function.
But when i make a reboot on a working hour on monday (expl. Windowsupdates), the software will not automatically logon. What i miss is a function, which i can say, instant automatically bootup software from Monday until Friday between 9 AM until 6 PM. Like a tool which check if the software run between 9AM until 6PM between Monday and Friday. So i can reboot the computer how often i would like.

Now, i've added a new weekly task to bootup the software from monday until friday at 900 AM and a shutdown time for 6:00 PM. And i've deactivated automatically logon with windows. In worst case, i'm offline. I just have to notice, that i've got to manually logon, when i reboot the computer between my workingdays ;-)

Now, i've found a little solution ;-) I've activate on the sheduler: "extended Configuration, Repeat every 15 minutes for 9 Hours".
I'm glad you got it settled but yea the program I made was a quick solution and doesn't have a ton of features so that's why it uses the Windows Scheduler to control the times and you might be shocked on how much control and stuff you can do with the scheduler...its kind of interesting that majority of windows users dont use it or in fact don't even know it exists. :)

As for not having the window...sorry that is the only option as there needs to be a way to keep it open if they need it to be.

#7 RichardWing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

Thank you for your contribution.

Richard Wing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users