GEO Tracking There is a problem with this website's security

6 replies to this topic

#1 pinellashosting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Geotracking used to work fine. I think it stopped when I upgraded to IE 9 I am not sure exactly when. I am getting this error

There is a problem with this website's security certificate

My ssl cert is fine! Its getting very annoying I have tried everything I can find on this forum and I have not seen anyone with the same exact issue.

The cert works fine https://www.pinellashosting.com/Live/ it is a wildcard cert no errors in the browser but yet in livezilla I cannot get past the error... I have tried reinstalling everything. It is starting to make me wish I had went with one of the paid solutions because of the lack of support.

Does anyone have any suggestions is this a bug? I just checked a computer with internet explorer 8 and it works so I think this has something to do with internet explorer 9. Java is enabled and almost everything else is enabled in IE security settings for the internet zone...

Pinellas Hosting
http://www.pinellashosting.com

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

I went to your website and I can't see any error with IE9.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 pinellashosting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

dpunzova said:

I went to your website and I can't see any error with IE9.

Its the GEOtracking in the client not the website... READ...It is the one of the premium options you pay for... It seems that having IE9 causes the problem as Geotracking runs off IE...

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

Its the GEOtracking in the client not the website... READ.
Can't find that information in your post, sorry. Client means operator client?

The client opens a website on our server and our certificate is fine. As stated before I cannot reproduce this problem I am not aware of any user who reported something like this.

You could try to host the MAP on your server, you just need a free API key. LiveZilla Server Admin -> Server Configuration -> Premium -> GeoTracking -> Settings -> Advanced.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 pinellashosting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:55 PM

dpunzova said:

Its the GEOtracking in the client not the website... READ.
Can't find that information in your post, sorry. Client means operator client?

The client opens a website on our server and our certificate is fine. As stated before I cannot reproduce this problem I am not aware of any user who reported something like this.

You could try to host the MAP on your server, you just need a free API key. LiveZilla Server Admin -> Server Configuration -> Premium -> GeoTracking -> Settings -> Advanced.

I am sorry maybe I was to vague. Is there another client that I am unaware of for LiveZilla? Can you see Geotracking anywhere else but in the LiveZilla Client? I thought my post would be self explanatory to anyone that has used LiveZilla but maybe I was to vague.

I will give your suggestion a try and I will also install the client on another computer with IE9. I will let you know if I have the same problem.

#6 pinellashosting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well I logged into another computer with IE9 installed and it seems to work fine, something is broke on my desktop in LiveZilla. I have reinstalled but there must be something getting left behind.

#7 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:52 AM

Well, the GeoTracking is shown in the Operator Client only but it was also possible that you expect an error on visitor side when resolving the Geo Location (which was more likely).

It's really hard to say what the IE is doing on the affected computer, I would start to completely wipe the browser cache with all options possible. Reinstalling IE9 could also do the job.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users