Jump to content


Reports stoped working after server move


3 replies to this topic

#1 edinkin

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

Hello I need some help with reports prenium option

We needed to move LiveZilla server to a different physical server and address
This was achived succesfuly in 3 steps
1. database moved to a different server - LiveZilla configuration ajusted ALL WORKING
2. move actual server files to a new server (everything was mirrored: users, directories, permissions) URL for ther server was remapped, it presented one problem as visitor tracking showed false data (one server was recieving request and instead of showing users host we were seeing server that recieved request), but other then that everything WORKING
3. to fix false data server has been moved to a subdomain so it has changed from www.myfomain.com/customer_service to livesupport.mydomain.com after LiveZilla configuration ajusted server works fine however reports stop working.

I have tried to reset report options to defaults, deactivate and reactivate - nothing. After doing some digging I have noticed that in a chat client (admin) every time I click on a report after 7 July 2011 it displays file not found every report prior to that works fine it also seems like it generates reports and downloads them to a client, but there are no corresponding files on the server. It seems that when requesting report LiveZilla trying to access old URL.

Is there a setting somewhere?

I am waiting for your latest release on 1 Augus to update to a new version do I need to deactivate Premium option and reactivate it again after update?

#2 Derek Punzova

    Support Team Member

  • Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

Three things you should start with:

1.) Correct the host setting under: LiveZilla Server Admin -> Server Confguration -> Server -> Host
2.) http://livezilla.net...angepermissions
3.) http://livezilla.net/faq/en/#livezilla- ... -available

Hope this helps.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 edinkin

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

That didn't really help

As I said before every other aspect of the program is working, I even get to see in Client->Report tab Daily Report for each day with number of visitors and chats, it is only when I double click on the entry for the day that nothing is returned. Nothing seemed to be generated as there are no files on the server.

I suspected that it had something to do with permissions, but after checking it is all set to 777 according to your guide. I have asked my hosting provider to investigate, but I am out of ideas.

#4 edinkin

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

The issue has been resolved.

Even though permissions for the folder were 777 there was some sort of extended protocol on my host that denied writing to stats directory. ALL FIXED





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users