Way how LiveZilla defines language?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Hello,

How LiveZilla defines visitors language? Is it only by getting this information from browser?
If YES:
-Would it be possible to force LiveZilla get this data from website instead? (
)
Let's imagine situation:

Website is based in UK, information and support is provided in three languages: ENGLISH, GERMAN and SPANISH. ENGLISH is default for website and LiveZilla Support. Main activity- sales in EU.

Two customers:
Customer#1- Gentleman :) from UK who uses EN-GB browser and speaks English.
Customer#2- Gentleman :) from Poland who's using Polish (PL) web browser, but can't speak ENGLISH (just POLISH and GERMAN).

While Customer#1 will have no problems with the website and support because of ENGLISH being set as default language, Customer#2 will run in some problems. Customer#2 could easily change default English to German and browse the site, make orders, but won't be able to use Live Support:
- He can't understand pushed text boxes of chat invitations, because all info from LiveZilla will come only in English (customer has Polish web browser)
- He could communicate using German, but LiveZilla uses ENGLISH by default because of customers Polish Web browser.

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

LiveZilla detects the language automatically. If that's not working fine for you, please look forward to the next update which comes with a language parameter.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

That auto doesn't work well :roll:
In my case it doesn't work at all. I played with LiveZilla last Saturday and all what I got was default English language.
Don't get me wrong, but the way how LiveZilla detects language is totally wrong (it just doesn't work).

Would it be possible to call language by using some code in links?
Like domain.name/livezilla/chat.php?lang=en or something like this?

It would solve my problem at some level.

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

That auto doesn't work well :roll:
In my case it doesn't work at all. I played with LiveZilla last Saturday and all what I got was default English language.
Don't get me wrong, but the way how LiveZilla detects language is totally wrong (it just doesn't work).
It works when the user has set up a language in his browser. If no language is specified LiveZilla cannot select a language as a matter of course.

Would it be possible to call language by using some code in links?
Like domain.name/livezilla/chat.php?lang=en or something like this?
Did you read my posts?

please look forward to the next update which comes with a language parameter.

Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:11 AM

No need to be rude ;)
Your message "LiveZilla detects the language automatically." wasn't very informative. Only in your second message you told me that language is selected only when user has some preferred languages setup in his browser. After specifying my native language chat opened in my language. Yet, this auto select will fail if non English speaker will come with unsupported localized version. I'd say, not many internet users go to settings and choose their preferred languages. Not trying to insult you or LiveZilla product. This product is great and I'll wait for future updates.

#6 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:05 PM

dpunzova said:

LiveZilla detects the language automatically. If that's not working fine for you, please look forward to the next update which comes with a language parameter.

When does this modification will be possible? - we really need it?

#7 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

It's available in 4.x under LiveZilla Server Admin -> Link Generator -> Advanced.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#8 Guest_Yuriy_*

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hello, Isentyou the codegenerated inLivezillawhichpassvariablesthroughthe Georgian languagebyallbut the windowdoes not bootonGeorgia, ifthat samecode topassEnglish or Russianvsoisin order anddownloaded to the userbox.Tell methatis not rightwhenpassingthe Georgian language?

#9 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

I don't understand what this should be good for so I had to delete the attachment for security reasons. Thanks for your understanding.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#10 Guest_Yuriy_*

• Guests

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well thentell mewhere do Iwriteto make itsafeand sendyou thecode togenerate isLivezillathat you couldtellin theChomproblemwith the transfer ofthe Georgian language.

#11 Guest_Yuriy_*

• Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

I have a problem with opening a chat window by the transfer to it the Georgian language - chat window does not boot, and hangs at the stage when we see an inscription in Georgian "Load..." If I open the window in English or Russian language then everything is OK and chat window is successfully loaded. What is the problem? Screenshot is attached.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: scrinhot.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users