Access to operator client source code (or APIs)?

7 replies to this topic

#1 swbannerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

We're evaluating replacing our existing chat system with LiveZilla.

If we do so, we'll likely buy all of the premium options.

My question is, would buying the premium options provide us with the source code for the operator dashboard (or API info for it)? Alternatively, does it provide us with some influence with respect to new features or helping define extension points so that we can extend the product with our own behavior?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:04 AM

operator dashboar
No, not yet, not in future.

You have the source code for the server and the customer frontend.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 swbannerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Derek,

Thanks for your response; however, would you mind being a little clearer (it looks like your included quote didn't work properly and I'm not sure if you wanted to say more or not).

I would interpret what you said as: "No, we do not provide source code access to the .NET client/operator source code, and we do not intend to do so in the future." Is that correct?

Also, with respect to the second question, does becoming a premium customer result in any API access and/or extension information (assuming that the source code is not available)?

Finally, does a premium customer have any influence on prioritization of future features.

Thanks in advance.

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

I would interpret what you said as: "No, we do not provide source code access to the .NET client/operator source code, and we do not intend to do so in the future." Is that correct?
Yes, your interpretation is 100% correct.

Also, with respect to the second question, does becoming a premium customer result in any API access and/or extension information (assuming that the source code is not available)?
No, not at all.

Finally, does a premium customer have any influence on prioritization of future features.
The official answer is no. However, if you have a minor feature request (which is useful for others, too) which can be realized in less than one day, feel free to suggest it.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 jose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Please, let us know if your company change this and has the intention to offer commercially source code for operator desktop application for full customization.
It will be important to use or not Livezilla in short/medium term.
Thanks

#6 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

Please, let us know if your company change this
Change what exactly?
Kind Regards,
Derek

#7 jose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

dpunzova said:

Change what exactly?
Oh, sorry for the confussion: your company policy. If you ever want to make commercially available source code for desktop operator app (as another premium option, for instance). I think it will be interesting for several people (including myself, of course). Rgds!

#8 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

If you ever want to make commercially available source code for desktop operator app
Thanks for this suggestion. However, we don't have plans to release the operator client's source code at this time.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users