Easy way via PHP to find out if users are on line or not?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pjsmith_*

• Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easy and supported way to tell from your own php pages if you have support reps on line or not? It's not nice to mention you should contact support via the icon, then find out all the reps are off line. It'd be nice to be able to customise ones pages depending on whether the pages know someone is available or not?

Thanks,

Paul

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hm, you have online / offline icons for that ...
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest_pjsmith_*

• Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

That's fine if you are a human reading the page, but I want my pages to be 'on-line' aware themselves so they can offer appropriate support links / instructions.

The reason for this is that on some pages, we'd like to say, to ask us a question, click the live support icon on the right. But, you don't want to say this if no one is online to answer that query as it just wastes the visitors time. Better to say email sales@ for more information. The query is, from your own web site, how do you tell if support is on-line or not? Is there a http call for instance, or a file you can check to see if staff are on-line or off-line? This would enable the page content to be changed to suit.

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3806 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

Got you.

The easiest thing would be a phpfile you can include / require which create some global definitions.

require("./livezilla/api.php"); // creates LIVEZILLA_OPERATORS_ONLINE[true|false]

if(LIVEZILLA_OPERATORS_ONLINE)
{
}
else

I think we will embed this usefull feature in the next version.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users