the automatic invite feature question.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_c.adley_*

• Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

I have a question about the new feature that becomes available in the next version. We have a customer service department here that uses both the online chat and is on the phone all day. They do a good job at sending requests but from time to time they will all get very busy and not be able to send chat requests. If I use the new feature to send a request at 10 min, will it send a request even if my customer service guys have already sent one? What kind of details can you tell me about how will this work?

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

We did not start implementing it yet, we don't even have a full concept at this time. Suggestions / concerns like yours are absolutely welcome. Feel free to tell us more about your expectations.

If all operators have the status BUSY or OFFLINE, sending invitations will be stopped and all open invitations will be dismissed.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest_c.adley_*

• Guests

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Well... What would suite me best and probably most other people, would be that if a request has already been sent, accepted, or completed not to send another request at the automated time.

My customer service people are told to send an invite after the customer has been on for 5 min. They are very good about doing that but if they are busy on the phones or otherwise sometimes an invite wont be sent at all. If I set my automated timer to 10 min this will insure that no one gets missed, but I don't want to send another invite if the customer has already received, accepted or completed a chat before 10 min.

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Well... What would suite me best and probably most other people, would be that if a request has already been sent, accepted, or completed not to send another request at the automated time.
That's understood.

My customer service people are told to send an invite after the customer has been on for 5 min. They are very good about doing that but if they are busy on the phones or otherwise sometimes an invite wont be sent at all. If I set my automated timer to 10 min this will insure that no one gets missed, but I don't want to send another invite if the customer has already received, accepted or completed a chat before 10 min.
I think we will mark each visitor after X min (specified by you) as an invititation target. As soon as an operator becomes available the visitor will get invited.

I am not sure if its better to manage the invitations on the server side or make it manageable separately in each client. I would prefer a global management with global rules, the operators are not able to influence it (only by changing their status).

What do you think?
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Guest_c.adley_*

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

I think it would be best to stick with server settings versus client settings. If the problem can be solved by a global setting thats the best rout. As long as the customer does not get invited a second time. (Again, one manually at 5 min and then again at the set time of X (10 min)).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users