Decrease Response Speed for Pop-up

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_SouthAlabamaDev_*

• Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Hello,

First of all, LiveZilla is amazing. I'm really happy that I've found it.

Down to the question - I have a site that's a pretty large wholesale site that I'm developing for. We would like to decrease the response time that it takes to have the pop-up show on someone elses' browser. It's pretty standard, at least what I've seen in my test environment and in production, that the response is about 25-30 seconds before the actual pop-up occurs. Is there any way to decrease this time to around 10-15 seconds before pop-up?

Thank you again and thanks in advance for the replies!

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

Are you talking about the chat invitation "pop-up"?

You can decrease the speed but you will also increase the load to your server by doing so.

Goto: LiveZilla Server Admin -> Server Configuration -> Server Settings -> Visitor Poll Frequency. The lower the value the faster will the invitation box appear the higher will the load be.

We are currently working on database support for LiveZilla which will decrease the load to your server by 800%-1000% compared to the latest file based solution. I would recommend to wait for the next version (which will still be released in january) and decrease the value then.

Hope this helps you.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users