Update Installation Help

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Tox_*

• Guests

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

Hi

Hope someone can help me out with the update of my LiveZilla, I been looking all over the Website but was not able to find the steps to update to the new version, this is what I did:

1- Loged to my LiveZilla Server Admin
2- Under Installation/Upload in the option Update existing LiveZilla Server selected that the click next chose Server Profile next provided autentication next in Configuration I chose the option I want to keep my current configuration, next using the built in FTP provided credentials and uploaded the update files, ( NOW WHAT ?? ) so what is next, noticed that by just uploading the update files nothing happen, wanted to conect using the client ( The latest version client ) and what happens it disconects me because it detects an older LiveZilla version installed, can someone please help me out so that I can finish the update ? need to know what are the next steps, would be great to provide update steps in the website for nobs like me :) thank you guys.

PD To what directory the update files need to be uploaded ? I uploaded the update files to the Livezilla directory /livezilla

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3830 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

noticed that by just uploading the update files nothing happen

Did you make sure that you uploaded the files in the right directory? I think you have choosen another folder when updating.

Open the regarding server profile and open the URL stated there in your webbrowser. You can see the version of that installation on the page displayed in your browser then.

Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users