monitor other support staff

11 replies to this topic

#1 chuck1rar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Just started using LiveZilla and am unsure about a few things.

How to monitor other support staff chats with clients?
I am logged in as admin but the archive and messages are only displayed for my own chats not for other support staff..

Thanks

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

You can send a copy of the chat transcript to your personal email account: LiveZilla Server Admin -> Server Configuration -> Emails.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 chuck1rar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:45 PM

Ahh so that means no live monitoring...
It would a good enhancement in the future.
Allows for the admin to intercept bad replies and feed a proper reply to the support staff...

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Ahh so that means no live monitoring
No, and I think to intercept bad replies makes absolutely no sense. Do you want to check every message sent? Why do you need operators then? How long shall your customers wait for an answer then? This will be a terrible experience for your customers and you operators as well.

I can understand that every admin wants to know whats going on and therefore you can sent every chat as email to you. Controlling it live is just a gadget without any surplus.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Guest_VicToMeyeZR_*

• Guests

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:00 PM

I don't think interrupting a support staff is ever a good idea. From a customer perspective, I would never contact their support again if an admin did this. Simply review the chat, and train the operator for next time. That how pretty much ALL the huge companies do it. No need to ever interrupt a staff member.

#6 vartax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

chuck1rar said:

Ahh so that means no live monitoring...
It would a good enhancement in the future.
Allows for the admin to intercept bad replies and feed a proper reply to the support staff...

This is Live Support and not Livemonitor support :)

If you have a support employee then you have to give him some sort of trust and freedom to do his or her thing.
If you would like to have some sort of grip on the answers they give you can always make your own set of resource files and send it to every employee and let them place those in the resources tab.

But I, and I think the majority of the users here, do not need or want this feature.

Let the transcripts be forwarded to your and check if your support employee gives the right answers and if not tell him afterwards how you want it.
If I am a customer and am busy chatting with an employee and someone else is taking over I would be very annoyed.

Just my 2 cents.

Rene
Rene
www.Newsgrabber.nl
Usenet Access Provider

#7 cyberneticos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

Hello folks,

I too need to monitor what my employees say to the customers. IF you have ever been in a company's managemente, you will understand that this is important.

We are 7 employees and I want to be able to see anyone's conversation with the customer at anytime, so I can correct, or give feedback immediately. We come from Kayako, and this was a crucial feature we used for monitoring our techs.

Thanks.

#8 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3841 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

I too need to monitor what my employees say to the customers. IF you have ever been in a company's managemente, you will understand that this is important.

We will introduce a global chat archive in the upcoming version for that reason.

I will add your request for an administrative eavesdrop function to our Feature Request Poll.

#9 Guest_TCarter_*

• Guests

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Although this would be a great idea, I think since training would be involved with this, a small addition could be added.

IF by some small chance, you feel that your employee is starting to give up on a sale, or anything of those lines. The admin, could in fact 'take over' the conversation.

Persistence and persuation is key when it comes to sales, and if a sales employee doesnt care about making the company money, he/she can give up which could cost you.

A simple 'take over' button would allow for an admin (or other management staff) to take over a chat with no interuption to the end user to help revive a sale.

Maybe have it so the staff member you took over can sit and watch the convo, but not type...and it would be nice to have it so I as the admin, could take over and anything I send, would come up as the original operator...and if i feel its getting back on track, i can re-release the chat to the original operator.

#10 Guest_esupportguru_*

• Guests

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:02 AM

There should be a feature to view the live chat and instruct the operator in private chat if he is doing something wrong. Will this feature available in new version?

#11 GlitchPC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:31 PM

Why would you want to monitor Staff?

Wasn't it you who gave them permission to be a Live Support Operator in the first place? Sounds a little redundant to me...and paranoid.

Also...if you want to monitor what's going on in Live Support...make sure you log each conversation and review them once the OP's session is finished. You can then point out the mistakes that were made and follow up with the operator. Just make sure you set the server permissions to log the chat and that you, yourself, have permission to see everyone's chat. It was also pointed out here that you can email a copy of the transcript to yourself.

Live monitoring of your Staff is a waste of time and resources...especially if you want to provide quick and accurate information to your clients. Just screen and train your operators a little better.

What I'd like to see corrected is the browser API. All links open with Internet Explorer, on the internal client side...while the external client's default browser opens all links. Also...all operators should have the permission to review another operator's chat...just in case you get the same client and want to review another operator's chat with this person. So, set your permissions to allow this. On the other hand...the only person who should be allowed to delete anything from the archives and/or messages should be the Administrator. Looking forward to these fixes in the next release.

Anyone know when that will be available?

#12 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:40 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. However, I think monitoring staff would be very useful for training purposes.

What I'd like to see corrected is the browser API. All links open with Internet Explorer, on the internal client side...
That will change in 3.1.8.4.

ll operators should have the permission to review another operator's chat
That's already possible (by default).

the only person who should be allowed to delete anything from the archives and/or messages should be the Administrator
Yes, your staff can delete chats, messages and ratings but only from their local PC. Not from the server.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users