General New User Questions

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mycommon_*

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

I have been using LiveZilla for about 2 days now and am extremely impressed with its ease of use and rapid setup. I do however have a few questions relating to the software.

1). Is there support for multiple admins?

2). I have been trying out all of the available features and have noticed that for some reason I can not transfer from one department to another unless both users are in the same department? Is this something that I am doing wrong or is this a current software limitation in the code? For example, when John (access to Customer Care Department) tries to transfer to Susan (access to Management Department) the request attempts but never completes. However if John, and Susan both have access to the Customer Care Department the request completes.

3). I have modified the header logo. Is it appropriate and within the license terms to modify the other layout and theme aspects of the program (including copyright removal) or would I be able to purchase that at a later time?

4). Is the source for the installer and client distributable for custom development for my organization?

5). Is it possible to hide certain departments from being selectable on the live chat screen, while still having those members in the departs available to take chats, view users, etc.. Such as Management and Tier 3 Technical Support that do not directly want to take inquiries.

This is great software and I do plan to continue using it even if these are not addressed in my favor, as there is always development and future potential to address these claims. I would greatly appreciate some assistance or feedback relating these issues. If these are not issued I would greatly love to see them implemented as features to further to usability of this great product.

Respectfully,

Corey Martin
Chief Operations Officer
MyCommon.net
Axample LLC
corey.martin@mycommon.net

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

1). Is there support for multiple admins?
No, I am sorry. All daily tasks can be accomplished using an user account so there's no need for another administrator.

2). I have been trying out all of the available features and have noticed that for some reason I can not transfer from one department to another unless both users are in the same department? Is this something that I am doing wrong or is this a current software limitation in the code? For example, when John (access to Customer Care Department) tries to transfer to Susan (access to Management Department) the request attempts but never completes. However if John, and Susan both have access to the Customer Care Department the request completes.
I can confirm this problem, there seems to be a problem on some servers since the last update. We will come up with a bugfix this week.

3). I have modified the header logo. Is it appropriate and within the license terms to modify the other layout and theme aspects of the program (including copyright removal) or would I be able to purchase that at a later time?
Yes, feel free to modify it in any way you like. We just ask you to keep a backlink (you can move the backlink to another part of you website).

4). Is the source for the installer and client distributable for custom development for my organization?
Distributable -yes, brandable -no.

5). Is it possible to hide certain departments from being selectable on the live chat screen, while still having those members in the departs available to take chats, view users, etc.. Such as Management and Tier 3 Technical Support that do not directly want to take inquiries.
Yes, remove the "Allow external actions" check from the group configuration.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest_mycommon_*

• Guests

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

Thank you for your quick, prompt, and courteous response.

I do have a follow-up question relating to your response. My original question:

You responded with:

I can confirm this problem, there seems to be a problem on some servers since the last update. We will come up with a bugfix this week.

That is very acceptable and I appreciate the hard work and dedication to the project. If possible or necessary I would be willing to open up my server for you to beta test or work through the issue in order to get it resolved.

My second question was:

Is it possible to hide certain departments from being selectable on the live chat screen, while still having those members in the departs available to take chats, view users, etc.. Such as Management and Tier 3 Technical Support that do not directly want to take inquiries.

You responded with:

Yes, remove the "Allow external actions" check from the group configuration.

As a followup to those issues in your opinion should I await the bug fix before modifying group settings? Also making the "allow external actions" change will that still allow users in the departments that I invoke that setting able to chat and use the other functions of the program if a client is transferred directly to them?

Where would I find the files required to edit the static text for example "The system is starting up" and "User has entered the chat"? Also I have found the image files and templates directory and noticed they are all .tpl files. Which file(s) do I need to edit in order to customize the end user client?

Thanks,

Corey Martin
Chief Operations Officer
MyCommon.net
Axample LLC
corey.martin@mycommon.net

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

As a followup to those issues in your opinion should I await the bug fix before modifying group settings? Also making the "allow external actions" change will that still allow users in the departments that I invoke that setting able to chat and use the other functions of the program if a client is transferred directly to them?
I don't know if there are any side effects from the bug to the behaviour of other functions. The "allow external actions" is mean to to work as follows:

Members of groups with no right to perform external actions

WILL NOT receive incoming chats
WILL NOT see visitors in the visitor monitoring view
WILL NOT receive offline messages / ratings

WILL be able to receive chats which have been directly forwarded to them

Where would I find the files required to edit the static text for example "The system is starting up" and "User has entered the chat"? Also I have found the image files and templates directory and noticed they are all .tpl files. Which file(s) do I need to edit in order to customize the end user client?
You can modify template files (.tpl) using every common text editor. The strings you are asking for can be found in the translation files within _language.

Hope this helps.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users