html tickets

5 replies to this topic

#1 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

The new HTML functionality in tickets is not properly implemented (see issue with pasting content) and it causes more problems to me and my staff than it helps.

How can we disable HTML in tickets?

Thanks!

#2 capella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

Yes, you can.
Go to your group settings and edit the language settings. You will find the template for the HTML email under Emails | 'Ticket Operator Reply Mail' and if you remove the HTML version of the template, than you can not enter HTML in your ticket reply anymore.

Is this what you want?

#3 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:16 AM

View Postcapella, on 20 April 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Is this what you want?

Yes, this does what I want but it's such a crude workaround. I want the e-mails to be surrounded in HTML because the design looks good to my receivers. However, I don't want the actual e-mail body content to contain any HTML.

Livezilla developers should have known that getting HTML editors right is impossible on the first try and they should've added an option to disable the HTML editor until they improve it.

Peter and crew: can you please advise when such an option will be added? Or if I can disable the HTML editor until the option is added?

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 20 April 2018 - 12:11 PM

Hi,

getting HTML editors right is impossible

It might be impossible to build a 100% perfect in any possible situation solution but I am confident that 95% are likely to be reached. And the plain text input that stripped all HTML from the knowledge base entries wasn't perfect either.

We already fixed the pasting issue for the next update, if there are other major issues to improve please let me know.

Cheers.

#5 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

View PostPatrick Keil, on 20 April 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

We already fixed the pasting issue for the next update, if there are other major issues to improve please let me know.

Cheers.

I don't know if it's major but it's seen a recurring role the following bug:
Unnecessary spaces between composer blocks. Should be either eliminated or configurable so we can decide how many units of space should be between these specific blocks.
See screenshot: https://www.dropbox....spaces.png?dl=0

Otherwise, leaving an toggle setting to disable HTML editor for tickets would be a perfect solution. I know it shouldn't be too hard to implement and it will hopefully be added in soon.

Thanks!

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:42 AM

Thanks for your thoughts.

We have added the toggle to the server configuration.

As for the spaces, I only see a double line break between closing phrase and signature. We will remove it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users