Start over with a clean installation?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jshope_*

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

I've been trying out your software and had it up and running for awhile. I reinstalled and now I can't get tracking to work at all and no one shows up at all when they get to my site. It did work. I uninstalled the Livezilla program and erased everything off of my server. When I go to reinstall LiveZilla it already has my old settings in it as well as any CHMOD settings I've used on my Server. How do I clear everything concerning Livezilla from my PC and start fresh?

Best Regards,
~jim

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3805 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 04 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

I am sure that you don't need to clean up everything.

Your LiveZilla Server installation is totally independent to your local installation.

I would recommend to upload a new LiveZilla Server to the same target folder you used before. Try to open serverpage and connect using the LiveZilla Operator client. If you don't see yourself (on the serverpage) as a visitor then, there's something wrong with the CHMOD settings. If you see yourself as a visitor you should check the tracking scripts you embedded into your website. Maybe they are pointing to another target location.

If you are not able to make it run again, please come to a Live Chat and me or Derek will help you out. Our Chat Times are 09:00 am - 05:00 pm GMT+1.

#3 Guest_jshope_*

• Guests

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

Hi,

Thank you for responding so quickly.
If I go to the Livezilla Server page that has the "Download Livezilla, Add Server Profile, Start Demo Chat" the Livezilla Client immediately registers a visitor. Also, if I open a chat attempt using the chat button, it also is immediately registered. The funny thing is when I first go to my homepage with the chat button it does register a visitor but then it disappears. Even if I refresh the page it doesn't come back.

On a bit of a side note I did have to change the "/setup" folder to 755 in order to download the Client from the Server page.

Still tinkering...
~jim

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 07:57 AM

Ok, thank you for this information.

If the tracking works on the LiveZilla Server Page and not within your website I guess the problem is caused by your website. Did you try to embed a freshly generated tracking/chat-button script? Did you try to place the script into an empty html file?

Maybe its a javascript conflict but of course it can be something totally different. Please give me your website URL and I will have a look.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Guest_dotcomUNDERGROUND_*

• Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

Are you placing the code on an empty html file? (without head,body tags?)

I did the same and it didnt work. Then when i added all html,head,body tags to it and placed the chat code inside the body, it worked fine :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users