B'jezuz guys and gal's... Just want to thank you.

19 replies to this topic

#1 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:14 PM

.. for a wunderbar piece of software... Completely love it. Will post about this for sure everywhere I go ;)

Mine is up here: http://p-ahlqvist.com

I managed to style it somewhat differently, nothing much but more a part of my site than in default appearance.
I have a few questions though...

A)
The backlink will certainly be left at it's place, however, I would like to be able to "personilize" it a tad. Now in Server admin there is but two options for this backlink. In the config file it's coded somewhat (gl_c_param) and that I have tried to change, but alas... I got sniffed on the result ;)... 1. Is it at all allowed to alter that to a more personilized link ? In such case, how would I go about doing so ?

B)
Geo tracking... I have read every entry about this (not too much) and only thing I get is that Javasctipr should be enabled... Now mine is, in every browser, but I can't get that bugger to work anywhoo... Insights ?

C)
Ok, this is a tad out there, but nev'the'less - I wonder if this could be set up to be used for chat groups instead of just foa support system, where there would be several groups and each group would be able to chat live privately without members of other groups seeing what they are chatting about. I am thinking that maybe this could be used as a chat system on a social website that is accessible to "paid members only".
Or if not, atleast allowing me as an operator to invite several externals to join one chat... Thinking devguy's online chatting away with support and two or more externals talking 'bout the same thing... Would then be awsome to be able to "connect all of them in one group chat"...

Again, thanks for a great softie... I'm so greatful for the opportunity to use this.

Patric Ahlqvist
"...Only dead fish swim WITH the current..."

Visit me online - p-ahlqvist.com

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. And I like your modification.

1. Is it at all allowed to alter that to a more personilized link ?
More personilized link ... means? Can you give me an example?
BTW: You will be able to fully remove the backlink the upcoming version.

I have read every entry about this (not too much) and only thing I get is that Javasctipr should be enabled... Now mine is, in every browser, but I can't get that bugger to work anywhoo... Insights ?
Can you see the google map? If not, there must be a problem wie Javascript in your Internet Explorer or you don't have access to the internet.

Regarding C:
We will enable you to have multiple operators in the same chat room (with one external user - not more) in one of the next versions. Everything else makes no sense in the domain of Live Support and will therefore not be integrated. We are focused on features which will be helpful for at least 30% of our users. I think a common chat system would do it in your case.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, Derek, much obliged ;)

A more personilized link isn't exactly what I mean.. But i don't like the two examples at hand... Possibly something like

"I highly recommend LiveZilla", "Get your own copy of LiveZilla here" or whatever...

BTW: You will be able to fully remove the backlink the upcoming version.

Well, I do belong to those who think that a backlink on Open Source products should remain intact. So I won't do that, but I would however like to be able to choose HOW it spells ;)

Geo tracking: I can see A map, but no one AT it. And when trying to zoom it goes blue... lightblue. So map there but no externals at it. I do have Javascript enabled in all my browsers, and, hehe... I do have access to internet.. In fact I'm currently online typing this, and I have LiveZilla up and running with Geo Tracking enabled AND a person online, but he isn't AT the map...

Regarding C:
Got it, loud and clear... ;)

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:58 AM

Geo tracking: I can see A map, but no one AT it. And when trying to zoom it goes blue... lightblue. So map there but no externals at it. I do have Javascript enabled in all my browsers, and, hehe... I do have access to internet.. In fact I'm currently online typing this, and I have LiveZilla up and running with Geo Tracking enabled AND a person online, but he isn't AT the map...
Did you activate the GeoTracking? In case you did, please try to re-activate it. Clear your cookies and enter the website with visitor monitoring script embeded.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

Hi, Derek... Yes, I had the GEO tracking activated (now turned off).. Will re-activate it, clear cookies, and enter site with script embedded...

Just to be sure... Language barriers and all... What do you mean by "Enter the website with visitor monitoring script embeded." - In browser ?

#6 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:11 AM

In browser ?
Exactly. Best thing would be to clear the cookies, close all browser instances, wait 5min and try again.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#7 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

Will do it, and report back ;)

Nice day to ya.

#8 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

So working now... Bet it was the reactivating bit, and clearing cookies... Now I'm off live helping ;)

#9 farvahar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

I did check "Use Geo Tracking" but "I accept the agreement" and "Activate GeoTracking" is disabled for me! why? I advanced I did choose "Map is hosted on livezilla server". Plz advice.

#10 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Just uncheck "Use GeoTracking" ...
Kind Regards,
Derek

#11 farvahar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thanks, the code was on my page already, after re-activation, will I need to re-generate and update the script for my page?

#12 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:51 PM

No.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#13 farvahar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

I think I got whY I can't use Geo Tracking, when I see "Details" of an online user, I see "AccessLimitReached" for GeoTracking. Why am I getting this error?

#14 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:26 AM

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1376&p=6034#p6034
Kind Regards,
Derek

#15 farvahar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:09 AM

PMed you my url as requested in that thread!

#16 farvahar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Derek, I did not receive your answer after replying your PM. Did you completely ignore me???

#17 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

We had some problems with the GeoTracking Service in the past days. All I can recommend you is trying to re-activate the service.

Don't forget to delete /_config/_GEO_SPAN_ (if present) before activated your server.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#18 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:15 PM

erhm... ok ;) - at previous discussion without my participation

- silly question, but from what I've gathered on this here forum, it's possible for me to, as I have dl'ed both server and client pack, to operate chats from my own computor, AND also if an associate of mine dl the client pack, he can operate my Live Help when I'm not available, is this correct, Derek my man ? :roll:

(Sorry for asking this again, but I can't really understand this from what posts I've read and I have limited, if any, possibilities to test it live..)

#19 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

he can operate my Live Help when I'm not available, is this correct
Sure. You will need to create another account for your associate then. Of course, you can also send him your login details.

Furthermore he will need to create a server profil in order to be able to login to your server. That's it.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#20 Pman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

Thanks, Derek... Might be back when this is about to go down, hehe... But I will try my best before trouble'ing ya, mate :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users