Improve WebClient notifications

4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:48 AM

LiveZilla WebClient should provide a possibility to display notifications although the users uses another program as the browser. E.g. if a user works in Excel the user should be notified about new tickets although the browser is opened in the background.

Thanks

#2 Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRochdale, UK

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Notifications particularly for live chat should definitely be a priority, a lot of our staff work on other applications with LiveSupport in the background and miss some notifications because of it. I'm not sure if it is possible due to browser limitations but it would be great! another solution may be a network accessible application?

#3 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

Please note that our Windows/Mac/Linux APP provides Live Chat and Ticket notifications. Therefore, we don't have plans to integrate Browser notifications.

#4 Danny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRochdale, UK

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

makes sense, i do feel your pain Chris as we don't install the App for staff either as our IT team are very busy and won't continuously update the Apps. I have to admit though that these new updated Apps don't seem to need updating as much so i might revisit this solution :-)

#5 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3334 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

One of the benefits in 7.x. While we provide server side updates frequently, there won't be many updates for the APPs. They are forward and backward compatible and 99% of the functionality comes from the server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users