Chat Transcripts

8 replies to this topic

#1 Louisee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

At the end of each chat, the transcripts seem to be automatically sent to the email address of the user even if they haven't requested it.

Is there a way to set it so they only get the transcript if they have requested it manually?

Thank you :)

#2 BH1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

Oh good question!

#3 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Chat Transcripts can be hard coded to send in Server Configuration > Emails > Chat Transcripts. I would check there and make sure you don't have one of them checked.

Brad

#4 Louisee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Thanks for this Brad!

I’ve unticked the ‘Send Chat Transcript email to user’ tickbox, and now it doesn’t send the transcript automatically which is great! But now the ‘Send chat transcript by email’ option isn’t available within the ‘Options’ dropdown for the user when they’re on a chat.

Do you know whether there is a way the option can still be available in the dropdown box, but it doesn’t send automatically? Thank you :)

#5 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

I may be wrong, but it looks like the only way to give them the option of emailing a transcript it to have that setting on.

There is a setting on the same page called "User can refuse Chat Transcript email and change his email in chat". This option gives the user the ability when they click "Send chat transcript by email" to choose whether or not they want to receive the chat via email. The default behavior appears to be to receive the email. This means that unless the users clicks it and unchecks the box, they will get the transcript.

I hope this helps.

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:45 AM

I may be wrong, but it looks like the only way to give them the option of emailing a transcript it to have that setting on.
That's correct, the default is opt-out.

There's currently no option to opt-in the email chat transcript.

#7 Louisee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

Thank you both :)

As we don't want the emails to be sent automatically, we figured for now we can to go Chat Archive > Right Click and select 'Send transcript to...' in the meantime. However it would be good feature to opt-in!

#8 ludesign

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:00 PM

shame the opt-in function is still not available 2 years later -.-

#9 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

This feature was never added to our list.

I just added it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users