Integrate livezilla mobile chat into my existing extranet portal

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_J_mac201_*

• Guests

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:42 PM

I have integrated the livezilla webclient into our existing portal. For our portal we use Joomla.

I have been able to implement it so that it loads in a module position exactly like we want and it allows login but after login we get an error.

The error says: Wrong username or password.

After clicking on Accept it goes back to the login screen and there is no way to continue other than clicking accept.

I know the error is not a wrong username or password because it is letting me login and it displays normally. If i enter a wrong username or password it will not login, it will immediately display an error.

I am using the Custom HTML module to load the chat in the portal using an Iframe. I know livezilla has been known to have issues with Iframes but in my experience it is with the chat window. I am hoping there is a solution to be able to load the web client in this way.

Interesting to note that I have tried to access the portal in different browsers and this error only shows up in IE 10. All other browsers I was able to login and use all features of the mobile chat.

I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I can provide access to the portal via PM if needed

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Captura.JPG

#2 Guest_J_mac201_*

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

I have done some more testing...

I have found that loading the mobile chat via Iframe or HTML allows you to login, create tickets, receive chats and change all user options, set status, and logoff... all this without error on all platforms except IE which doesnt work at all, never even allows login when loading the web console in this manner.

Now the most interesting part is, on all platforms that I tested I am able to receive chats but cannot accept chats and type a response. It loads as shown in the screenshot and keeps ringing since I cannot accept the chat. What I am even more confused about is I have tried in 4 different browsers on my laptop including Chrome and all act in this way but I have a Samsung Tab 3 Tablet and using Chrome for android I was able to accept the chats and type a response with no errors.

This is leading me to believe that some funcion is being blocked by security of the browsers and the android version of chrome is not affected by this security measure since I was able to access and use the chat 100% fine without any errors on this platform while being used inside an Iframe on my existing portal.

I have posted a screenshot of what it looks like when i am logged in via chrome in my laptop using Iframe and no chats active and i have also posted what i looks like when i receive a chat and click on it to try to accept and respond to the chat.. it attempts to load properly but does not finish.

Any idea where I could check or what I need to change to eliminate the block on the funcions?

Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: logged in with no chats active.JPG
  • Attached Image: one chat active.JPG

#3 Guest_J_mac201_*

• Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

I upgraded to the beta version 5.3 just now and the mobile chat inside of the portal has improved somewhat but still does not work. I can accept the chats and type a response now but when I press enter to send the message it does not send it just moves the cursor to the next line. There is no way to send the messages since there is no send message button.

It is still working on my tablet with no problems. I am able to accept the chat and respond to the messages.

Awaiting your comments!

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Captura.JPG

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3193 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I have to admit that we didn't test iframe integration at all.

I have passed this to our developers and we will try to fix or workaround this ASAP.

Thanks.

#5 Guest_J_mac201_*

• Guests

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for your update Patrick,

I also would like to note that we are using One Livezilla Server with multiple sites and I will have two Intranet Portals where I would like to install the web client for my operators. I have attempted to do this but since the second portal is on another domain I have the ever famous cross domain security error:
  • Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "http://www.canr*******s.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://fly******v.mx". Protocols, domains, and ports must match. wyzz.js:528
I have tried to implement the crossdomain.xml fix I have used in the past for other types of files with this same kind of error but it had no effect on the Iframe. It resulted in the same error.

This being a browser security issue I am not sure if there is anything that can be done to avoid this error. Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

#6 Guest_Jeff_*

• Guests

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

I have been able to get a workaround from my webhost for the same origin policy and the program is loading in the iframe with no errors and I am able to receive the chats, accept them and type a response but I am still not able to press enter and send them .. If the javascript that is being blocked in the Iframe cannot be modified or if it has to wait for the next version then integrating a send button for the web version would be a perfect solution!! I need this asap so if it can be done easily let me know what code needs to be modified to add the button and I will be happy to do it.

Thanks!!

#7 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3193 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hi Jeff,

not able to press enter and send them
We are using a embedded WYSIWYG editor called wyzz for that. I am quite sure that this is an issue within this 3rd party control.

I see good chances to fix this. Unfortunately, the person in charge of the wyzz integration is on vacation until 1st of august. :-|

#8 Guest_Jeff_*

• Guests

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Patrick,

Yes not good that he is out of the office but I guess I will have to wait and hope that he can provide a solution to this problem. Meanwhile I will keep looking to see if I can find a workaround from another source. Also if anyone has an answer for this please let me know.

As a side note while your looking at the programming of the web console via Iframe I have noticed another informative error that comes up with frequency, its not fatal and does not affect anything that I have noticed but an error free implementation is always better, it says:

'Attr.nodeValue' is deprecated. Please use 'value' instead. ChatServerEvaluationClass.js:142

Also about the error I mentioned earlier about the same origin policy, it would be great if there is a solution that Livezilla can provide to this because relying on the solution that my webhost gave me will not work for everyone or in all situations and of course a clean direct install without implementing temporary workarounds would be the best to make future upgrades and page updates more straightforward.

Thanks!!

#9 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3193 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

it would be great if there is a solution that Livezilla can provide

'Attr.nodeValue' is deprecated. Please use 'value' instead. ChatServerEvaluationClass.js:142
Thanks for the info, we will check that as well.

#10 Guest_Jeff_*

• Guests

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hi Patrick

Just wanted to check if there is any update for this issue.

Thanks

#11 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi Jeff,
I'm taking a look into this, but it may take some time.

I will come back to you, if I need more information or if I have a solution.

Thanks for your patience,
Oliver

#12 Guest_Jeff_*

• Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thanks Oliver,

If you need access to a demo account in the portal where I have the web client integrated for testing please let me know to provide you with access.

Thanks!

#13 Oliver Burger

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 95 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hi Jeff,

I did some testing and came up with a solution.
If you are still interested, please send me your mail address by PM, so I can send you a test version of it.

Oliver

#14 Guest_Jeff_*

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:44 AM

Yes definately I am interested in this test version I will send you a PM with my email.

Thanks!

#15 Mike1478

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hello, I am facing the same issue trying to show the operator console in an iFrame - can you please share your solution to get it work ?

Many Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users