LiveZilla Road Map (Closed)

79 replies to this topic

#41 SOCRATES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Waiting for more specific information regarding these 2 options in the new 6x version:
- Multiserver feature removed (is it there any limitation regarding websites number etc?)
- Local database for tickets will be removed, no redundant data storage (what about syncronisation time for volume, I mean +35000 tickets?)

#42 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

Multiserver feature removed (is it there any limitation regarding websites number etc?)
Currently, each license is good for one single Server Installation only. From LiveZilla 6.x., this limit will be increased from 1 to 5. In return, the "Multiserver" feature will be removed due to its complexity and its technical limitations.

Does that explain it better to you?

Local database for tickets will be removed, no redundant data storage (what about syncronisation time for volume, I mean +35000 tickets?)
Please note that there won't be any sync in version 6.x. All information will be downloaded from server on demand. There's no waiting time and no slowdowns caused by a local database. Suprisingly, it's also faster compared to the 5.x approach.

Thanks.

#43 IamZeus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

Will our 5.x licence work with 6.x ?

#44 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

Will our 5.x licence work with 6.x ?

If you have purchased your licence after 2015-02-01 yes, elsewise no and our general upgrade policy applies:

All updates within the major version are free of charge. Major version upgrades (e.g. from 5.x to 6.x) will cost 50% of the initial operator licensing fee.

Thanks

#45 Dominio y Hosting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPeru

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:54 PM

Where can we report bugs of the new version 6 beta?

#46 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:48 PM

Dominio y Hosting, on 23 May 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Where can we report bugs of the new version 6 beta?
Feel free to report your detailed bug report here.

Thanks.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#47 Dominio y Hosting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPeru

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

Dear Derek, I will try to be as detailed as i can.
  • I use a lot of scripts in my website, among them there is a trust seal. And everything worked fine with previous versions of livezilla.
  • When you click this trust seal a pop up appears showing the verified contact info of my website. And this worked fine with previous versions of livezilla.
  • But, with version 6 of livezilla, I started having some strange issues like:
  • I noticed the the code that the link generator creates now, is different than previos versions of livezilla.
  • In blogger: as said before, I never received a stop in blogger when pasting livezilla code with previous livezilla versions, but with version 6 of livezilla I started receiving this message: http://prntscr.com/7885t0 . I found that blogger would let me paste the code as an html gadget ( http://prntscr.com/788bwr ). So, I did, but an error box would appear while loading my blog in blogger, and, again, I found a workaround there. I had to disable the blogger sharing box, and replaced it with an external sharing box and had to use just the tracking code of livezilla version 6 without chat, and I could still use my livezilla there.
  • Now, in my site (not by blog), in my site I started receiving this error: http://prntscr.com/7g8uc9 (UncaughtTypeError:Cannot read property 'top' of null....)
  • After trying a lot of workarounds, I could not get the reason, and had to take out livezilla 6 from my site, and the error disapeared!
  • This error appears when you click the trust seal to see the verified info of my site. After clicking the trust seal, a pop up will appear with the info of my site, and then a pop up with the error: http://prntscr.com/7g8uc9
  • I reverted to the previous version of livezilla, and the error disapears.
  • I think this are conflicts that the livezilla 6 code causes.
  • Even though I get those errors, I chose to include the livezilla chat in my site (www.dominio-y-hosting.com), because I need it, and because the error appears just when people click the trust seal, which barely happens.
  • hope you can give me some ideas to fix this issue

#48 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

Hi,

I can confirm a problem with the link Generator in the first builds of version 6.x. This issue is fixed now.

Please download the latest build, install it and generate another code. At least problem of #5 should be gone. All other issues are possibly also related to that.

#49 Dominio y Hosting

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPeru

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

thanks Derek,

I feel good of being able to help debugging livezilla! great app, great support!

#50 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Thanks Dominio y Hosting :-P

#51 SOCRATES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

Patrick, I found that "custom tickets & custom channels" features are pushed away again, now after 2015 october update. Is it there any way to make it available in this october update? We are still stucked in using custom form fields (playing with add/hide... trying to use custom tickets & channels) but this is veey hard to use by operators. And we are still depending of programming to transfer data into our main database.

#52 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

Yes, we will try.

Feel free to explain what channels you would want and how you plan to use this feature. Just to make sure we understand your requirements correctly.

Thanks.

#53 SOCRATES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

Thank you. I've sent today email with details.

#54 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:21 AM

Perfect, Thank you!

#55 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

I replied to your mail but it's not getting through because of your "Anti Spam Policy".

#56 SOCRATES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:14 PM

Solved. Thanks again, Patrick.

#57 marcelox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Hi! Congratulations for the great software!

Is there any possibility of you to implement a function similar to "sneak-peek " from LiveChat?

This feature is wonderful and streamlines the talks.

Thanks!

#58 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

No, please see here.

#59 SOCRATES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:31 PM

Since in LiveZilla 6.1.x we gonna have automatically send by email report, please make it usefull - I mean to be able to send it for different group (since each group are alocated for each customer) not one for all. It will be great to have this option available also in Client, to see the reports for group A or group B, not for all in one.

#60 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3022 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts!

Currently, the option allows you to configure a list of email addresses (same as with the chat transcripts). There's no per group setting, that may be added later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users