Visitor Tracking Not Working - UPDATE

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

I installed LiveZilla on my website and it worked perfectly, GREAT PROGRAM. Real easy to use and feature packed.

But visitor tracking is not working, and only reports visitors when they have actually clicked the chat button.

I read the thread about making sure the code is correct for your particular site, not removing line breaks etc, and tried everything known to man.

Then, a breakthrough: I was testing a page with the code in it that was on my hard drive (rather than on the server) and THE SECOND I opened it in a web browser, livezilla detected it and visitor tracking worked perfectly. All of the functions worked too, like initiate chat, co-browse etc.

It ONLY worked when the HTML file was on my pc. When I uploaded the file to my server, it didnt work. So I now know for sure that I have got the code correct, it is the SERVER that the pages are on that is preventing it from working. So frustrating because its such a great feature. if only there was a patch somewhere that would fix it!

I have emailed the host to ask if the settings can be changed to allow it to work, but I don't really know what I am asking for? (Is it that the server needs to allow access to a javascript code called "jscript"?)

#2 Guest_BobHall_*

• Guests

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

I'm having the same problem....

when the pages are on my hard drive, with the code we paste on our pages, the app shows me which page i am on via my hard drive... but when pages are uploaded to my site, i dont see any visitors so i cant initiate a chat with them.. the only time I know they are there is if they start a chat with me.

I spoke to a buddy of mine who is also a web host, he said his adblocker is blocking this url
http://domain.com/livezilla/server.php? ... 5622190146

he said "that script is getting blocked by my adblocker"

I asked which browser he was using, he said firefox, so he tried via IE, same thing too.

my browser settings are at default, never touched a thing, so are his.

Can the staff have a look into this please...

thx

Bob

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users