Ready to purchase, but extremely long load time for client to pull up

installation 4.0.12 update

13 replies to this topic

#1 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

Updated from version 3x to 4.0.12 using the upgrade method and works, fine, but takes FOREVER the client to pull up. We noticed a 35-55 second delay.

We also noticed that the UI keeps logging our agent off even though connection to the server was supposedly never interrupted. I tested this with a continuous ping test. I also changed the response time in the UI to ensure it's checking every second instead of 5.

During chat we also noticed that the chat itself has great delays between client and chat window. I have the chat server running on a HTTPS domain on the same box as my main site, but on a different IP.

Can one of your support staff help? If necessary, this topic can be moved to another area...

We like the software and are ready to purchase, but need to get these bugs out first...

-K

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I am not aware of this problem. Really hard to say what or where the problem is. Could you please create a fresh server installation on the same server and see if the problem persists? Thanks.

#3 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Should we go ahead and wipe all database structures and directories? I noticed that on the default pages it says that MagicQuotes is set to on, but I checked in our PHP configuration editor (we use cpanel), anything regarding magic quotes is set to off. Could this be causing a problem?

-K

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Should we go ahead and wipe all database structures and directories?
No, just creater another installation in addition to your existing one. We need to see if the problem is related to your server configuration. Thanks.

#5 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:13 PM

I have just reinstalled the client based on the suggestion and we have a very long load time on the client. I also tried keeping my client up and noticed that the connection drops. Not sure what to do to proceed. We just purchased a 5 user license thinking maybe that since it was a trial it would be solved after that. Please let us know what to do in order to proceed and get this fixed.

I noticed that on the default "start" page I get this message: php magicquotes

This PHP feature has been DEPRECATED and is not supported by LiveZilla anymore. Relying on this feature is highly discouraged. Please

deactivate

it on system level.

I checked our config in cPanel and I noticed that anything related to magic quotes is set to "off" so I'm not sure where it's getting this from.

THoughts?

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:03 AM

You hosting company will explain how to deactivate this feature on your hosting plan.

#7 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

Is this what's causing the server slowness issue? As I said, in our server config, we have it all turned off...

#8 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Is this what's causing the server slowness issue?
I can't tell you what the reason is, but it's definitely related to your webserver configuration. This is a good point to start and recommend for all PHP webservers anyway.

Thanks.

#9 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

I've gone ahead and actually added a php.ini file within the file root forcing the turn magic quotes off and restarted services. I am still getting my chat users disconnected (other keep alive services such as pandora are not affected. Honestly I am lost as to how to proceed.

Thanks!

#10 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

As said before, this is not a general problem (you are the only person reporting this), it is related to your webserver configuration. Unfortunately, there are a billion of different settings on every webserver system and most of them may influence LiveZilla in a negative way when moving away from standard.

Unfortunately, we can't tell which certain setting this may cause. The only thing we can offer is to debug it for you in case you are willed to provide us with access to the affected installation (MySQL, FTP, LiveZilla Administrator). Thanks for your understanding.

#11 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostPatrick Keil, on 18 January 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

As said before, this is not a general problem (you are the only person reporting this), it is related to your webserver configuration. Unfortunately, there are a billion of different settings on every webserver system and most of them may influence LiveZilla in a negative way when moving away from standard.

Unfortunately, we can't tell which certain setting this may cause. The only thing we can offer is to debug it for you in case you are willed to provide us with access to the affected installation (MySQL, FTP, LiveZilla Administrator). Thanks for your understanding.

I actually don't have a problem with this. Once we have you guys take a look at it I can reset the passwords. Let me know who I can get this information to you securely.

#12 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1354 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

You can send it to support@livezilla.net and we will investigate ASAP.

Thanks.

#13 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

Information sent. Thanks very much!

#14 kacharya

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

It turned out to be a faulty session table in one of our other apps. Livezilla seems good now :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users