The remote server returned an error:(405) Method not allowed

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hi

During the server side install when I get to the stage where I need to validate the URL the server responds with the error:-

The remote server returned an error:(405) Method not allowed

Can anyone help. Also does livezilla create a new MySql database on the server during the install. If so, this could be my issue as I have reached my maximum limit of MySql databases on my current hosting plan.

Any help appreciated.

Ian

#2 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hi

I spoke with my hosting company and this is what they say:-

The "Error 405 Method Not Allowed" message from Zeus is triggered when you try and send data via POST, normally from a web form, to another page that is not configured or set to accept that POST data.

This can be for several reasons: You may be posting to a page that doesn't exist or that you do not have access to, or the page itself may not be set to collect that data when it is sent through.

You will need to make sure that the page you are sending the data through to exists, is accessible (simply try going to the page in your browser to test this) and that it is coded correctly to accept data being sent to it via POST.

Any ideas what I might try to resolve this issue?

Thanks

#3 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6091 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

This seems to be an incompatibility with your webserver configuration.

We are not aware of this problem and based on the given information it's hard to provide a solution as LiveZilla should meet all criterias named by your hosting company.

I can offer to debug this issue for you if you are willed to provide me with FTP/MySQL access (via PM).

Thanks for your understanding.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#4 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi Derek

I resolved the issue. If I had read your install instructions correctly I would not have had a problem as I did not initially install LiveZilla Server under my web root directory.

I have one remaining issue you could help with. My site is an online store running on the Magento platform which uses a MySql database. Should I use the same database for LiveZilla Server or do I need to configure a separate new database for use by LiveZilla Server?

Thanks

Ian

#5 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6091 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:59 AM

Glad you fixed it.

or do I need to configure a separate new database for use by LiveZilla Server?
Both is possible but we highly recommend to create a new database for LiveZilla if you have the chance to do it.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#6 Guest__*

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Will do Derek. Thanks for your help.

Ian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users