Installation issue - completely stuck!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_pseudonym_*

• Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

Dear Livezilla and Livezilla users,

As of yesterday, when I moved my web site to another server, I am completely stuck regarding the Livezilla install!

I've downloaded the latest Livezilla, installed it on to my own PC and uploaded it to my web server using the internal tool, and set everything up right using the Server tool.

However, the server just wouldn't work. The Live Chat icons weren't showing, and I endlessly got the "Insufficient Permission" message when trying to log in to the desktop client.

Looking around for the cause (yes, I followed the permissions setting from the FAQ already) I found the issue lied even deeper. I set the entire Livezilla directory, including all subfolders and files to 777, after which I could finally log in to the desktop client, and the Live Chat icons were showing on my web site.

Then came problem #2... I couldn't see new visitors on the desktop client! Also, when initiating chats with myself on my web site, the desktop client never got the message!

I am completely out of options. I've tried just about everything I could try with my own knowledge. I've downgraded 5 different versions and it still wouldn't help.

Could someone help me out, please?

#2 glennl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

That's weird.
Maybe you should give some information about the server on which you installed Livezilla.

#3 Guest_pseudonym_*

• Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

Solved it.

The problem was caused by the Livezilla program trying to manage its files on my server through the username "apache", who did not have sufficient rights to perform all disk operations.

First, I did a "chown -R apache:apache livezilla" in my http directory to set the entire Livezilla directory to become property of "apache", then I did a "chmod -R 777 *" in my "/livezilla/_data_####" directory to get all current settings going. Finally, I added the line "umask 000" inside "/etc/sysconfig/httpd" to give "apache" permissions for future modifications as well, and then restarted httpd.

Now, Livezilla finally works completely!

#4 webadpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

I'm quite happy you've got it sorted now since this software is so amazing!! :)

#5 Guest_pseudonym_*

• Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

It appears problem #2 is back.

I can not see any visitors on my web site (even myself) and visitors can also not open a chat with me because it keeps getting stuck.

Help... I am completely out of options now.

#6 Guest_pseudonym_*

• Guests

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:12 PM

$50 whoever can get Livezilla working on my server! I am completely out of options! :cry:

#7 webadpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

Hi,

Would you mind Providing me a link to your website? If you don't wish to provide it to public, send me a private message.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users