Premium Geo Tracking Still Not Working *Solved*

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_brink_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

I bought the premium Geo Tracking a few days ago and put in the serial number into the server admin side and have the green check mark and everything. I still get the message that "Your server has reached the GeoTracking request limitation. No further resolutions will be possible within the next 24 hours. DoubleClick this entry to remove the limitation"

What am I doing wrong? I have tried restarting the server and everything and I still get the same message every day.

Thank you.

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sometimes it's necessary to uncheck and recheck the "Use GeoTracking" setting.

Furthermore it's possible that the "Your server has reached the GeoTracking request limitation" refers to visitors which have been online before activation while new visitors are beeing proccessed/resoluted correctly.

Hope this helps.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest_brink_*

• Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:42 PM

That worked a charm. Just turned off the Geo Tracking within the server and then turned it back on and it started working right away. Thank you so much!

#4 sverre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

I have the same problems with the premuim Geo Tracking and I have tried the trick mentioned above with re-enabling the geo tracking in the server configuration.

Tried that 4 or 5 times now and still the Geo tracking is not satisfying at all for me.

Only about 20% of the visitors are being tracked and approximately only 30% of them has a location that is accurate enough. We are using Geo IP databases in some of our websites we develop at my company and they are more accurate than the locations we see in Livezilla.

Is there anything more I can check when it comes to the server configuration etc, because I do not feel like anything has improved since I bought this premium option.

Regards
Daniel

#5 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6181 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:22 AM

We use two different commercial databases you can chose from, if one fails the other database is being used. That usually covers 95% of the visitors with 99% accuracy on country level. So when you say that only 20% of the visitors are being tracked there must be a problem with your installation or with your serial number.

Did you also try to reactivate the GeoTracking Serial number? Feel free to send me your serial or order number via PM and I will check your account.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#6 shozen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

sverre, on 10 December 2010 - 08:57 AM, said:

I have the same problems with the premuim Geo Tracking and I have tried the trick mentioned above with re-enabling the geo tracking in the server configuration.

Tried that 4 or 5 times now and still the Geo tracking is not satisfying at all for me.

Only about 20% of the visitors are being tracked and approximately only 30% of them has a location that is accurate enough. We are using Geo IP databases in some of our websites we develop at my company and they are more accurate than the locations we see in Livezilla.

Is there anything more I can check when it comes to the server configuration etc, because I do not feel like anything has improved since I bought this premium option.

Regards
Daniel

I am having the same problem. Only 8 or a MAXIMUM of 12 out of 80-100 people seem to get tracked. I am very disappointed to be honest, I purchased this because I need ALL my visitors to be tracked not a small percentage. At the price I paid for this service, I expect it to work.

Have I disabled and re-enabled geo-tracking? Yes.
Have I entered the correct key that I purchased? Yes.
Is javascript running on IE? Yes.

Hoping someone can help me

thank you

EDIT: it has gone up to 14 now after around 45 minutes. It is still only tracking around 15-20% of our visitors however. I would be happy with at least 80-90% however, the current rate is not fit for the purpose it was intended and is just a "get lucky" tracking service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users