Supporting webcams on the client (customer) side

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jotango_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:37 AM

Hello,

I just installed LiveZilla and am very satisfied!

We are looking for a quite specific additional feature: we need a support software which allows us to see the customer for verification purposes. E.g. if the customer has a webcam, our agent needs to be able to see the customer. This fulfills our legal requirements but would also be a nice feature for others, to allow a more personal service between agent and customer

Is this on the LiveZilla roadmap?

Thanks

Jan

#2 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6085 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

Is this on the LiveZilla roadmap?
No, that's far out of our scope at this time.
- If you like to suggest a new feature, please click here.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#3 Guest_jotango_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Would this be a feature our company could sponsor? Depending on the cost, I may be able to get some budget approved for it.

I really like the LiveZilla System and would like to deploy it, instead of some homemade solution.

Thanks

#4 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6085 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Would this be a feature our company could sponsor?
Depends on the amount you are willed to pay. If this feature would be useful for the majority of our users we would be able to make you a good price but this one is really special which will make it expensive. Furthermore this feature would require us to work with Flash/Silverlight and we would prefer not to use plugins in LiveZilla.

Did you consider to separate the verification website/page from the chat? You could as your users in chat to go to a certain page.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#5 Guest_jotango_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Well, I think having an (optional) video chat is a very cool feature for a live support tool. I have only found one other system which allows this functionality, and the rest of the software is substantially weaker than yours. And for people who want to build a close relationship with their customers, video chat adds a lot of value.

But yes, it would require that a client has flash installed (I don't know if Silverlight is necessary).

How much do you think this would cost? ;-)

#6 Derek Punzova

Support Team Member

• Moderators
  • 6085 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

Well, I think having an (optional) video chat is a very cool feature for a live support tool.
Yes, it's cool but most users don't need it. We have several features on our to-do list which are just more important.

How much do you think this would cost?
It would not be profitable for you, trust me.
Kind Regards,
Derek

#7 Guest_jotango_*

• Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

dpunzova said:

How much do you think this would cost?
It would not be profitable for you, trust me.

Try me ;-) It can't hurt for me to have an estimate. Except a heart attack maybe ;-)

#8 dwykofka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

I think having a flash function for this wouldn't be all that bad. Maybe we can start a donation pot and when it hits XXX the devs can proceed.

#9 ashleybrient

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:44 PM

This is a very good option,

this would be great because; if an admin is helping a client, he can easily see and help the client, with building websites, etc!

#10 fips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

I am looking for a live-video-chat functionality at LiveZilla. Honestly, it would be a great step forward to have a full fledged customer care solution. Please, please consider it!

#11 manahil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

I got basic webcam support up and running in Silverlight, using HTML briding, Actionscript and Flash - Code, samples and documentation over at http://jonas.follesoe.no/PermaLink,guid ... af45b.aspx .

The trick is: Host a simple Flash app, expose some actionscript to grab a frame, PNG encode it, Base64 encode it, pas it to JS, pas it to C#, Base64 decode it, load it into a memory stream, load it into a BitmapSource, display it. That simple ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users