"Silent" message mode

8 replies to this topic

#1 Funnyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Dear Livezilla Team,

i have a question regarding the messaging/ticket feature.
When i activate it, every user sees the messaging bubble above the chat bubble and can switch to messaging whenever he or she wants, right?
But is it possible to only use that feature as a last resort, in the sense that the feature is hidden for the user, unless i trigger it from a script/backend via the "Action" Parameter?
The purpose is to have more control over the users workflow/behavior and striclty prioritize chats over Tickets.
Is it possible to configure the chat widget to mimic that workflow/behavior? If not consider it a Feature request ;-)

Thanks for your great work
Best Regards

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

Hi,

You could create two chat button code, one including the hidden service and one without.

Depending on the website, you integrate the reflecting one.

We also offer a configuration for that:

Link Generator -> Element -> General -> Visitors can leave a message when ...

Cheers.

#3 Funnyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Hi Patrick,

i fiddled around with those Options.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a configuration that produces our desired on-site-chat-overlay-widget-behaviour.
If I activate the ticket function and deactivate "Visitors can leave a message when operator online", the behaviour seems to reflect our needs, because users can't initiate a Ticket when an operator is online, but they can if no operator is online.
Thats great. But there is a little problem with the workflow. When i trigger a ticket/message from my backend-script via API, the user is directed to the ticket-overlay, but he can not go back to the chat, because the Buttons collapse (Flexi Buttons Mode) and only the Ticket Button stays visible. This seems only to be the case if the knowledge-base is deactivated. If it is activated, the buttons do not collapse and the user can return to the chat if he wants to.
I know, thats kind of an laborious explanation, but i hope you know what i mean. It really disrupts our workflow.

Best Regards

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:44 AM

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

When i trigger a ticket/message from my backend-script via API, the user is directed to the ticket-overlay, but he can not go back to the chat, because the Buttons collapse (Flexi Buttons Mode) and only the Ticket Button stays visible.

Can you provide the code so we can reproduce and fix this?

Thanks.

#5 Funnyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

i created an image to illustrate my Point. The only relevant code is included in the image.
To reproduce it, it is necessary to use a certain configuration of the widget. That configuration is also included in the image.
I hope it gets clear what I mean.

My suggestion would be to include the (sub)option "Visitors can't leave a message when operator online -> unless triggerd via API"
Or to make sure that the ticket Button can be set to always visible, even if deactivated and even if KB is deactivated, so that the Button List does not collapse to only one Button, making it impossible for the user to switch back and forth
between Ticket and Chat, once the ticket was triggered via API.

Best Regards and Thanks for your work

Attached Image: livezilla_ticket_api.png

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:58 AM

Why don't you keep the KB activated?

Or if you don't want the KB, why don't you add another Icon?

From 7.1.x, there are options to add custom flexi buttons with custom color/icon/url.

#7 Funnyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:06 PM

Hi Patrick,

we did as you suggested in your last post. It's a nice trick. We don't want the KB because our customers don't want it. But we added a custom flexi button.

Sorry for continually bothering you with this topic, but I have another Request:
Could you please add one or both of the following features:
1) Distinction between bots and human operators for the widget option "Customers can also leave a Message/Ticket when an operator is online"
2) Add the option to activate/deactivate/toggle the ticket subsystem via API (like the "block" parameter for the text field)

Best Regards

#8 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3582 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

Hi,

1.) Good point. Operators is used in sense of "operators and bots" which makes no sense as bots are always online. It's understandable that you expect to be able to leave a message even when only bots are available. We will change the behaviour with LiveZilla 7.1.0.3.

2.) Which API do you mean? The widget API?

Cheers.

#9 Funnyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

thank you for your swift action regarding this topic.

To elaborate an the second point: I mean the Chat Bot API. It would be nice to have the Option of enabling/disabling the Ticket-Button via Chat Bot API.
So for example: The Ticket function is active for a certain widget. But you could choose to disable the button by default und toggle/activate it vie Chat Bot API.
That way there would be more control over when the user can create a ticket. Similarily to the "block" parameter of the Response Object, it would be a way to guide the user behaviour.

Best Regards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users