5 replies to this topic

#1 dbock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:40 AM

Hi,

thanks for accepting me in the Forum.

I was configuring and testing LiveZilla the last two days on one of my websites - works good so far. The only problem that I have, is that I want to show the LiveZilla Chat in a box, which shows after the user clicked on a floating button on the right.

Is there a way to say, in which div (most propably using the divs id) the LiveZilla Overlay Widget appears (after using the .show() command)?

Or is there at least a known workaround or some changes which need to be done to the code? (Basically I just want to show the widget in a div, and not at the last child of the <body>).

Thanks for every input or comment in advance.

Regards,
David

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3528 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Hi David,

There's no way to specify a div, sorry.

Why so complicated?

#3 dbock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

The requirements are coming from the customer...the already have the design, and my task is to build it now ;)

Other question: When I use the Floating Button or the Text Link, is there an option to show the chat on the same site, instead of opening it in a new window?

Edit: And they would like to use LiveZilla

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3528 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

You can create your own floating button or text link and use the API mode with it.

By doing so, the on-site widget will appear when the floating button is clicked (instead of new window).

Link Generator -> Element -> API Mode

#5 dbock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

But where will the on-site widget appear? Same position as the Default OverlayWidget V2 (as last child of the <body>)?

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3528 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:47 PM

As I said, there's no way to specify a div, it will always be added to the body.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users