knowledge base

4 replies to this topic

#1 tjwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Greetings,
I've been using LiveZilla forever. Just upgraded to latest version after years and years.

Prior to upgrading, I had setup a complete support ticket and knowledge base script. LZ now has one built in - but I don't want to redo all the work I put into the one I currently use.

In the LZ setup - under Knowledge Base, I can use the Embedded in Website option and the URL to my current Knowledge Base.

This works fine except it doesn't open in a new window/tab when the KB icon is clicked on in the Chat overlay. It replaces the site containing the chat.

Is there anyway to get that to launch into a new window? Or, open inside the chat overlay window? I thought I had it doing that (inside the chat window) - but now if I change to that option under the Integration section - it goes to the LZ KB - which is empty. Same applies if I select the option for External (New Window) - it goes to the empty LZ KB.

So to summarize - can I get a non-LZ URL set in the Integration Embedded in Website option to either open with the chat window or into a new window?

Thanks,

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts.

This works fine except it doesn't open in a new window/tab when the KB icon is clicked on in the Chat overlay. It replaces the site containing the chat.
That's not optimal, I agree. We will change that in the next update.

Alternatively, you can use the LiveZilla API to show the Knowledge Base contents on your website.

https://www.livezill...wledgeBaseEntry

We use that kind of integration on livezilla.net:
https://www.livezilla.net/faq/en/

it goes to the LZ KB - which is empty
Did you configure the knowledge base folders correctly (=public permission)?

#3 tjwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Hi Patrick,

Regarding your question - and to clarify: I don't want to use the built-in LZ knowledge base at all - so I didn't configure it.

I already have a full support ticket / knowledge base system setup using different software. I did not want to duplicate all my KB entries into LZ - and have to maintain them both. Therefore, the API and such is not applicable.

Basically I want to point any links/icons that LZ uses for support tickets and/or knowledge base to the other software I already run on my server. I can do that as mentioned in the initial post - however, it would be nice if my own KB/Ticket URL could be loaded into the chat window or a new window / tab.

The current Integraton section of the Admin console has the potential to do this - but it is an either/or choice - not the option to use my own KB AND use the new window or embed option.

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3669 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 20 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

I see.

We have changed the behaviour now, from 7.0.9.0 a new window will be opened by default.

#5 tjwalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

That's awesome. Thanks Patrick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users