Download files save attachments

3 replies to this topic

#1 x-bit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Hello!

After the update to the most recent version (where the heck may I see the used version information on the client?) we are facing a problem with saving received files.

I, as an administrator, am able to click on the received file link and it will open the "Save" dialog. If I send anything to a collaborator, he sees the link in the chat, but can not save it. Left clicking once / twice on the link does nothing, right clicking on the link offers to translate it.

I am sure I have to change a setting somewhere but, honestly, I can't find it!

As we use this feature very often, I would be grateful for any ideas how to solve this problem.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Screenshot_137.jpg

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3355 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The server / client version can be found under:

Client Configuration -> About (LiveZilla)

I tried to reproduce the file issue but it works fine for me.

I tried to send/receive a file, one I uploaded and one from the knowledge base. Download link works on both, browser console and APP. I used left click in my tests, right click is disabled though. There's no setting that could disable the file download.

Can you confirm that the file has been uploaded to the "uploads" folder?

#3 x-bit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

Hello Patrick

I checked if the file is transferred to the upload directory and I found a file named "d1e54ef_fc6962aa714c8426b94586970122febc" which was created at the right time. I downloaded this file by FTP and renamed it to the .pdf it was before. It worked without any problem.

It seems that this isn't the problem, and, if there are no settings to prevent the download it must be a problem with the other computer.

I will update to the newest version as we are on Version 7.0.8.5 right now. I am happy to keep you posted.

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3355 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you provide access to the installation where the problem occours?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users