4 replies to this topic

#1 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

Hello,

I suggest that the port is removed from the Direct Access URL when a new knowledgebase article is created.

Currently, if you create an article, this URL is shown in the "Direct Access URL" field:
https://mydomain.com...1c0ca42a8f5bd9e

Even if you remove the port manually and save the entry, you will see the port is added back in. If we cannot manually override an entry like this then why leave it as a textfield and not as a non-editable field or plain text?

The "443" port is not necessary because 99.99% of devices today (if not ALL) know how to deal with HTTPS URLs. It just seems like an leftover forgotten from an earlier workaround feature.

Hopefully it gets addressed as a minor bug in the next release.

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3357 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:22 AM

Hi,

Asfaik, this issue has been addressed in one of the latest updates. I don't see any port when testing with 7.0.8.4.

Is you installation up-to-date?

Cheers

#3 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

Hi Patrick,

I am running latest 7.0.8.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 7.1 and MariaDB 10.1.

So, even though the SSL port is never used on visitor-facing pages, it's still being used in this text field on admin side, which makes me think it's just a harmless leftover.

I guess you can address it as a minor bug or let me know if I can do anything to clear cache or something on my side.

Bottom line: harmless bug.

Thanks!

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3357 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

which makes me think it's just a harmless leftover.

It definitely is. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue 7.0.8.4 and APP 1.2.0.

Even if I configure 443 port in my server profile, it does not appear in the direct access URL.

#5 lzst3rer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

After installing version 7.0.8.6, the port finally disappeared. I don't know if this was caching-related or what but I did reboot the server with no luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users