Update 7.0.8.1 missing Onsite Overlay Widget V2

20 replies to this topic

#1 taidaniel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:46 AM

Hi,

After upgrading to 7.0.8.1 from 7.0.7.2, all the Onsite Overlay Widget V2 is not appearing. How do I resolve this?

Regards

#2 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

The same problem here.

Went in and re-saved them and this brought them back, including the text but anyone who has visited the site does not seem them again.

New browsers can see them.

#3 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hi Matt,

Could this be a caching issue?

#4 ladle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Same problem here. Not even showing in the link preview area.

#5 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

It could be a caching issue but an upgrade should not cause this.

I cannot ask all our website visitors to clear their cache and for me, even using private browsing with no shared cache shows nothing.

#6 ladle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostXN-Matt, on 04 October 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

It could be a caching issue but an upgrade should not cause this.

I cannot ask all our website visitors to clear their cache and for me, even using private browsing with no shared cache shows nothing.

Matt, I agree with you. Clearly something is up in this release, though it's hard to put your finger on. You can see in all the other sub-forums exactly the same issue.

#7 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

I suspect it is related to the new code for the embeds but that is just a guess.

#8 ladle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostXN-Matt, on 05 October 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

I suspect it is related to the new code for the embeds but that is just a guess.

What are these changes you are referring to?

#9 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

They're in the update file.

Also notices that if someone has been to the site before now and the click chat, they are not asked for their details again but see their original question already there and in place of their details "Please wait whilst we try and connect you..."

But until they submit their question again, nothing happens. This is completely confusing.

We do not have "cookie" set for these fields either so they should not be remebered.

C'mon support - we need some help here for this awful update.

#10 taidaniel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

Have updated to 7.0.8.2 and resaved every button. Seems to have solved the problem. However, the PHP error log seems to have a continuous error (attached)

What is this error? How to resolved.

Regards.

#11 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

Those errors might be unrelated and will only cause confusion between the core issue here.

#12 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

What is this error? How to resolved.
This is not a known error. According to the related code there's a problem with one of your groups which has lacks several default configurations like input fields, opening hours etc. You can try to open and save each of your groups in the user management. Please let me know if that helps.

As for the core issue:

The behaviour is actually wanted and was added months ago. We don't consider this as confusing. In case a customer didn't get through it's not necessary to type the question again.

We will check the cookie settings for the input fields today, not sure if there's a problem. Even if cookies are deactivated, there's still a "session" in which all data persists.

#13 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

In which case this is a bad change.

Look at this video. https://www.dropbox....ezilla.mov?dl=0

If someone has been to the site before and entered a query and then comes back and wants to chat, they get this.

It says please wait whilst we connect you but does nothing until they then press enter.

Please put this back to the normal form because this is just illogical and rubbish.

LiveZilla need to stop enforcing changes through without any regard to their customers. We are the ones that run and configure the software, not you.

You've already removed the ability to change the tab text on the classic view per link created and there are no signs that is coming back. The language file is not sufficient enough for a feature you REMOVED in preference of a blob that was not very effective at all.

#14 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:20 PM

It says please wait whilst we connect you but
This is not the original text. You changed it and that's what makes it so confusing.

The original text was like this:

We are online! Please type your message or comment and we will connect you to one of our operators right away ...

#15 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Point proven.

The original text is not friendly at all and suited the original screen, as it was both on new chats and repeats.

You went and changed this without ANY NOTICE and now the text makes no sense.

So please, put it back or at least give people the option of putting it back.

You are assuming people have NOT changed the text and that is a wrong assumption to make. With that, you also assume the person chatting is the same person as before. What about shared offices/computers? You cite privacy in other forum posts about not allowing people to see text before it is sent but this is also a privacy issue where you are allowing chats to start, with potentially other peoples details. That itself has implications where we may then email that person with the wrong name because someone else may have used that computer and never been asked to enter any details!!

Actually consider how your customers use the software instead of pushing through changes without any care or consideration at all.

#16 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3541 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

So you can change whatever you want and it's our responsibility to make sure that your changes make sense. :???:

I know changes can be painful but we will not stop to improve our product.

#17 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

This is NOT an improvement.

You are assuming the person that is chatting again, is the same person as before. You cannot guarantee that.
You have altered the product without giving your PAYING customers advance notice that you were changing how the core functionality of the software works thus leading to this problem.

Now that we know what you've done, it answers why we've had messages from two of our customers asking why the email was sent to the wrong person and that person had no idea of the follow up query submitted by another member of their team (they share computers).

As has been said before, do not enforce these changes which do not work for everyone and have privacy issues, something you Germans are very sensitive about without giving the option to opt-out or make it work as it was before.

You did the same thing with the blob icon that replaced the tab of which only came back in future releases. That was enforced and was NOT an improvement. Chat rates dropped massively, all because YOU thought it would be best instead of giving your PAYING customers a choice.

#18 ladle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Hey, I wanted to chime in here.

I thought this change was okay and made sense personally. How often would the form reset though, daily?

Other clients like zopim etc, function this way in that conversations pick up where they left off.

#19 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Given it has already caused confusion, it may be personally OK but not a wider sense. Other hosted chat services mentioned give you the feature to stop it happening - user choice, not compulsory, even self-hosted options like chatstack give the choice.

It's only ever LiveZilla that make changes forcing you to use the software in a certain way and don't make these changes clear at all.

#20 XN-Matt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:05 PM

Given that you've gone silent with no way to revert this, you've lost a customer.

LiveZilla keep changing things without the ability to revert. You don't know best so stop doing it. First the flexi/blob chat which finally got put back to the classic option but that took too long. There are numerous other examples.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users