Question Pass-Through Not Working v7

14 replies to this topic

#1 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

While trying to find a work around for the post below, I found that it appears the question pass-through doesn't appear to be working in version 7. I am able to pass-through the name and a custom field like I was in version 6, but when adding the eq param to the url, it isn't actually filling out my field. Is this a known issue?

http://forums.livezi...t-in-version-7/

Thanks,

Brad

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi Brad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have created a ticket and we will investigate this asap.

#3 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Any updates on this?

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Thanks, we were able to reproduce the problem. The issue will be fixed in 7.0.8.0.

We have removed the proprietary Base64 URL encoding so you will need modify your code.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

#5 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Patrick Keil, on 20 September 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

We have removed the proprietary Base64 URL encoding so you will need modify your code.

Does this mean that URL passthrough will no longer be available, or is there a new method?

#6 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

No, we just removed the proprietary Base64URL encoding, you can still pass thru data. This feature will become much easier to use and understand.

Cheers.

#7 DanielR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hi Patrick,

We are currently run server version 7.0.8.3 but it seems that pass-thru data still requires b64 enconding. After release of the new version we used Javascripts "`encodeURIComponent` function to format the string before sending it to chat server, instead of the base64 encode function we use before. At least that's how I interpret it, but after this change the parameters end up with some weird characters in the chat client (like this: mꭀ).

Do you know why?

Thanks,
Daniel

#8 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I did some tests but I can't reproduce this issue.

Here's a simple test page I have used:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html lang="en-us" dir="ltr">
<head>
</head>
<body>
<!-- livezilla.net PLACE SOMEWHERE IN BODY -->
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var lz_data = {111:'1ďéěňó öääööä', language:'de'};
</script>
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->
</body>
</html>

Data is passing thru without problems.

#9 DanielR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Ok, Thank you we got it managed but another error appeared. If a user now extend the window from the overlay widget we only see the placeholders e.g. "<!--replace_me_with_Name-->" in the field name, email etc. but not the actual data as displayed in the overlay chat widget. Could you please check?

Thanks,
Daniel

#10 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Hi Daniel,

Either:

1.) The placeholder is in your chat button code and you missed to translate it.
2.) The placeholder was in your code and is not stored in a cookie.
3.) You are using a dynamic code with placeholder. If you are going to work with placeholders, please use static code.

Hope that helps.

#11 DanielR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi Patrick,

Here is the code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->
var lz_data = {111:'Daniel', 112:'<!--replace_me_with_Email-->', 113:'<!--replace_me_with_Company-->', 114:'<!--replace_me_with_Question-->', 116:'<!--replace_me_with_Phone-->', header:'https://XXXXXXXX/images/XXXX_logo_P187.png', language:'en', website:'<!--replace_me_with_Area-->'};
</script>
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->

<div id="lvztr_df3" style="display:none"></div><script id="lz_r_scr_1fd254200b9e1c986301551de4eb0a39" type="text/javascript">lz_ovlel = [{type:"wm",icon:"commenting"},{type:"chat",icon:"comments",counter:true},{type:"ticket",icon:"envelope"},{type:"knowledgebase",icon:"lightbulb-o",counter:true}];lz_ovlec = null;lz_code_id="1fd254200b9e1c986301551de4eb0a39";var script = document.createElement("script");script.async=true;script.type="text/javascript";var src = "https://XXXXXXXXX/server.php?rqst=track&output=jcrpt&group=SRSupport&hg=Pw__&ptw=%3C!--replace_me_with_Area--%3E&ptn=<!--replace_me_with_Name-->&pte=<!--replace_me_with_Email-->&ptc=<!--replace_me_with_Company-->&ptl=en&ptq=<!--replace_me_with_Question-->&ptp=<!--replace_me_with_Phone-->&pth=https%3A%2F%2FXXXXXXXXX%2Fimages%2FSPO_logo_P187.png&hcgs=MQ__&htgs=MQ__&ovlv=djI_&ovltwo=MQ__&ovlc=MQ__&esc=IzdCN0M3RQ__&epc=IzAwQjhFNA__&ovlts=MA__&ovlmr=MjA_&ovlmb=NjA_&ovlapo=MQ__&nse="+Math.random();script.src=src;document.getElementById('lvztr_df3').appendChild(script);</script>

</body>
</html>

An attached the chat widget screenshot. It does only display the name in the widget but when I expand it shows the placeholders. What do I wrong?

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 12.58.31.png

#12 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

The placeholders are meant to be replaced during runtime. You need to do that in your website.

#13 DanielR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Yes, this is done accordingly but it shows the same error as this example. Means, we replace the placeholder during runtime but still the issue appears.

Thanks,
Daniel

#14 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Yes, this is done accordingly
Sure? I see daniel but the URL still includes

&ptn=<!--replace_me_with_Name-->

Depending on your code, you need to replace multiple placeholders of the same key.

#15 DanielR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thanks yes, this is what I did see below but still the same issue. (of course, on our website this is done automatically etc. - this is just an example)

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->
var lz_data = {111:'Daniel', 112:'<!--replace_me_with_Email-->', 113:'<!--replace_me_with_Company-->', 114:'<!--replace_me_with_Question-->', 116:'<!--replace_me_with_Phone-->', header:'https://XXXXXXXX/images/XXXX_logo_P187.png', language:'en', website:'<!--replace_me_with_Area-->'};
</script>
<!-- PASS THRU DATA -->

<div id="lvztr_df3" style="display:none"></div><script id="lz_r_scr_1fd254200b9e1c986301551de4eb0a39" type="text/javascript">lz_ovlel = [{type:"wm",icon:"commenting"},{type:"chat",icon:"comments",counter:true},{type:"ticket",icon:"envelope"},{type:"knowledgebase",icon:"lightbulb-o",counter:true}];lz_ovlec = null;lz_code_id="1fd254200b9e1c986301551de4eb0a39";var script = document.createElement("script");script.async=true;script.type="text/javascript";var src = "https://XXXXXXXXX/server.php?rqst=track&output=jcrpt&group=SRSupport&hg=Pw__&ptw=%3C!--replace_me_with_Area--%3E&ptn=Daniel&pte=<!--replace_me_with_Email-->&ptc=<!--replace_me_with_Company-->&ptl=en&ptq=<!--replace_me_with_Question-->&ptp=<!--replace_me_with_Phone-->&pth=https%3A%2F%2FXXXXXXXXX%2Fimages%2FSPO_logo_P187.png&hcgs=MQ__&htgs=MQ__&ovlv=djI_&ovltwo=MQ__&ovlc=MQ__&esc=IzdCN0M3RQ__&epc=IzAwQjhFNA__&ovlts=MA__&ovlmr=MjA_&ovlmb=NjA_&ovlapo=MQ__&nse="+Math.random();script.src=src;document.getElementById('lvztr_df3').appendChild(script);</script>

</body>
</html>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users