Disable Customer Message Requirement In Version 7

3 replies to this topic

#1 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

I am working on upgrading to Version 7 from Version 6. In version 6, we used passthru to start chats automatically from a page on our website. They would enter their information and be forwarded over to Livezilla and connected directly to an agent.

I am finding that in Version 7 it is now required for the customer to initiate a chat by entering a message. The following message is on the screen and it will not attempt to start connecting until they enter something.

We are online! Please type your message or comment and we will connect you to one of our operators right away ...

Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks,

Brad

#2 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

Any suggestions here? I have tried passing through a question, but I am having problems with that as well. Any further guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

#3 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3187 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Hi Brad,

sorry for the late response.

I am finding that in Version 7 it is now required for the customer to initiate a chat by entering a message.

That's correct. There's currently no option to automatically start a chat without customer interaction.

#4 Velocity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Can this be added as a feature request? I do not want to update without being able to make it how it worked in version 6.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users