HTML in Tickets

html tickets

3 replies to this topic

#1 GreendaysGroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

It appears all HTML is being stripped from tickets. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

When viewing & editing tickets, there doesn't seem to be any sort of HTML editor like TinyMCE enabled.

I couldn't find instructions on this and when I tried to search the forum for "HTML" I was told it was a disallowed item to search for.

The following search terms are not allowed and were removed from your query: html

Please let me know how to enable HTML on tickets. If it isn't supported, can you add it to development. We are hoping to replace HelpScout with LiveZilla but if the tickets are restricted to text only, it's going to be a stretch...

Thanks!

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

For security, workflow and performance reasons, the content body is plain text only. Currently, we don't have plans to change that.

However, LiveZilla can send HTML emails including company logo for example. This HTML is a frame around the plaintext body and can be configured under LiveZilla Client -> User Management -> Groups -> Group -> Languages.

#3 GreendaysGroup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Patrick. That's kind of a bummer. Makes it much more difficult to read information submitted by clients, particularly if they use bullet points, etc.

Any idea how folks like HelpScout and FreshDesk able to handle it? If you can look into this... it would be awesome if you change your plans. ;-)

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3303 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:32 AM

It's not that we couldn't add it, we just don't see the benefits that come from it.

Most emails coming from customers have no advanced formatting, the few emails that have will be converted to text in acceptable quality.

And if you really can't read it, you can still right click the message and hit "Show Html Email".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users