Eye-Catcher to be visible for smartphone users too

4 replies to this topic

#1 tomerox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

Version 7. Eye-Catcher is hidden to smartphone users by default (On-Site Chat Overlay Widget-Eye Catcher tab) and cannot be selected to "unhide". Will future updates enable eye-catcher to be visible for smartphone users ?

#2 Sally-MyoBar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

I am wondering the same thing. Since the majority of our traffic are Mobile users it sure would be great to have the eye catcher on mobile! I am also wondering how to keep the eye-catcher on all the time instead of disappearing after the user clicks on it?

#3 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3001 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

Do you really think that it's a good idea to block 30%-50% of the mobile screen with an eye catcher?

It's most likely not a good user experience.

I am also wondering how to keep the eye-catcher on all the time instead of disappearing after the user clicks on it?

Why do you want to ignore the customers wish to hide it?

#4 Sally-MyoBar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

No, it is not a good idea. However, some of us are using a very small eye-catcher. So blocking a very small percentage of the screen is not an issue with users or with us. Mine would literally block about 5%..

#5 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3001 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

So we are actually speaking about a second mobile eye catcher with an individual configuration (different size, different image).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users