Testing new Release 7.0.2 - App Feature Requests

3 replies to this topic

#1 mischael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Hi, we are using the Version 6.2 with 5 operatores only for the ticketing system (tickets originate from emails).
I now tried out the new release 7.0.2. In general I think it is good that the App is now working like the web-interface. But I am missing some things that did work in the old App.

One thing is resizing the width of columnes and the ticket text preview manually (per mouse). It would be really good if it would be possible again to resize the columnes as I want.
Also the ticket preview text. It would be great if the width could be adjusted . It would be even greater if it would be possible to also have the option to move the preview under the ticket list and not only on the right side.

Another thing is the HTML preview. We are using livezilla also to handle ebay email messages. Without HTML view these are really a mess. Although the HTML-View of tickets also did not work properly in the 6.2.0 (when I opened it the window automatically went in the background, also the viewer was not very practicable), but because of these emails (amazon is not better...) I need a fast (in terms of mouseclicks) html view. The option to view HTML Emails should work also directly from the preview.

Maybe I have overseen something (I found the preference to switch on html view for operators), but if not, it would be very good if you could add these points to your (short term) list.

Best regards
Michael

#2 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3236 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your thoughts, highly appreciated.

Resizable columns are on our long term list.

As for the HTML emails, LiveZilla does not actually support HTML. The whole ticket system is based on plaintext for security and performance reasons.

Incoming HTML (only) emails can be previewed in the E-Mail list (there's a HTML tab) and from the Ticket details view (right click the message converted from a HTML email, then hit "Show HTML Email").

Pretty much same the same as in 6.x.

Cheers.

#3 mischael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

Hi Patrick, thank you for your answer.
About the HTML View.
I did not see the Email Tab on the upper left side yet (thanks for this hint). This might make things easier for me. (I only used the Link on the down right side).
But actually the emails which are automatically turned into tickets are not viewable by this, right ?
I did switch this automatic on for all groups and emails, nonetheless I found 4 emails from tonight in the email tab (in the 6.2.0).
Can you tell me how this happens ?

I guess in general I have to revise my workflow from automatic ticket from email to manually for viewing HTML-Emails, right ?

Regards
Michael

#4 Patrick Keil

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3236 posts
  • LocationSingen, Germany

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Hi Michael,

But actually the emails which are automatically turned into tickets are not viewable by this, right ?
Right, the HTML tab is located in the E-Mail Review form. Once an email has been converted into a ticket, you can right click the reflecting message in the Ticket Details view (when you open an existing ticket) to view original HTML

Reviewing emails before converting them makes sense. You can filter spam and correct HTML to Text conversion issues.

I did switch this automatic on for all groups and emails, nonetheless I found 4 emails from tonight in the email tab (in the 6.2.0).
Can you check again tomorrow? There shouldn't be any. Please let me know if this issue persists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users